What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

She is in my prayer also. I hope she is safe and can find warmth!
How is your daughter managing to stay warm in this mess?
Oops, I quoted the wrong post

Just be thankful that you only got the western edge of this. My son and his family live south of Denver (Highlands Ranch)

I am on the north side of Denver...up near Boulder.

We got some cold here but hardly any snow. A few days ago it was wind chill of -20 but this is winter in CO so we're kinda used to this, unlike TX who deals with this crap every 100 years or so!

One of my daughter's friends has an apartment near downtown Austin and they still have power so she and her friend drove over there last night. The guy who has the apartment is in Aruba now...good timing on his part!

Hope ya'll stay safe and warm down there! Roads look like a mess.

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse... Yesterday we were told to boil our water, today we don’t even have any water to boil...:cry: And to make matters worse, someone cut a fiber optic cable, and our internet is down...But at least we still have electricity.
@Murphy's Law, glad to hear that your daughter is warm and safe...

AHHHH what a good probe cleaning can accomplish!!! no more 20° difference... at least for now.

20210217_163137.jpg

TONIGHT it's Ribtickler chicken tenderloins, drumettes and wings

20210217_163157.jpg

Chicken went to 190° at 350° cook... wasn't even 50 minutes and my drums and wings had GREAT crispy skin and that Ribtickler is once again amazing stuff... Coated everything in "popcorn" oil first, then the rub... WORKED PERFECT!!!! CRISPY!!!!
and NO, 190°IT was not "dry meat" at all.

Chicken went to 190° at 350° cook... wasn't even 50 minutes and my drums and wings had GREAT crispy skin and that Ribtickler is once again amazing stuff... Coated everything in "popcorn" oil first, then the rub... WORKED PERFECT!!!! CRISPY!!!!
and NO, 190°IT was not "dry meat" at all.
What is "popcorn" oil?

What is "popcorn" oil?

Sorry, Smart Balance Cholesterol free oil blend of canola, soybean, and olive oils... wife calls it popcorn oil cuz, well, it's great for popcorn.
In other words, cheap!!!

And now I endorse it for chicken skin...

Sorry, Smart Balance Cholesterol free oil blend of canola, soybean, and olive oils... wife calls it popcorn oil cuz, well, it's great for popcorn.
And now I endorse it for chicken skin...
This one?
Screenshot_20210217-222129_Chrome.jpg

Got a few things to expand my culinary adventures. Raspberry Chipotle sauce to go with pork and Fiesta bean seasoning for smoked beans, @GrillMeister recipes, and pastrami seasoning, @Slimpicker direction. And a smoke tube from many on the forum who have recommended it. Now bring on warm weather! Im chompin at the bit to get cookin! 😁
20210217_225044.jpg

Got a few things to expand my culinary adventures. Raspberry Chipotle sauce to go with pork and Fiesta bean seasoning for smoked beans, @GrillMeister recipes, and pastrami seasoning, @Slimpicker direction. And a smoke tube from many on the forum who have recommended it. Now bring on warm weather! Im chompin at the bit to get cookin! 😁View attachment 4261
Nice score! That sauce is the bees knees!

Nice score! That sauce is the bees knees!
My son is grilling pork chops tomorrow night on his George Forman grill. I'm breaking it out, I gotta try it!

It's days like this when I'm really happy to have vacuum packed BBQ, ready to reheat. My power is back on after 3 days, so I get to use my sous vide to warm this up today instead of boiling water on the propane stove.

Frozen Pulled Pork.jpg

BBQ Patio iced up.jpg

how long at what temp?

Back