What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Prime rib, roasted vegetables and a tuna steak (for my daughter 😒)

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_140545.jpg
    IMG_20210212_140545.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20210212_142526.jpg
    IMG_20210212_142526.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20210212_143123.jpg
    IMG_20210212_143123.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 62
Nothing worse than spending two+ days tending my cold smoked salmon only to have a HARD FAIL 😢

Looks and texture are good, but tastes like a smoked salt lick, inedible.

Time to reflect on the error of my ways...

Attachments

• 0930E79F-B57F-4970-BE57-7FBC4EB424B9.jpeg
    0930E79F-B57F-4970-BE57-7FBC4EB424B9.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 47
Nothing worse than spending two+ days tending my cold smoked salmon only to have a HARD FAIL 😢

Look and texture are good, tastes like a smoked salt lick, inedible.

Time to reflect on the error of my ways...

And now depression sets in.....
smiley13.gif

And now depression sets in..... View attachment 4180
Yes, yes it does.

Clearly I over cured, I used Morton coarse salt, others have mentioned Diamond salt as being less salty. I vac sealed the cure, something I saw in video, and that may have caused the super salt.
Need to re-read all of the recipes, what a waste.

But the modified Bella smoker is a little beast!

Throne Chicken again

20210212_175852.jpg

Lookin good!

Im not cookin this weekend, high temps in single digits to below zero Fahrenheit. 😞

Yeah it's single here now, the 575 did fine as long as I didn't open the lid... good grief I never saw it drop so fast inside the grill

My Traeger Grill Probe is getting almost 25° higher than the FireBoard... but judging by the way the chicken wasn't burned up at 360° on my grill probe, I just gotta learn to trust the fireboard more. I've cleaned that probe as much as I can...

It's a chilly -15 and the Ironwood grill probe shows -2... My 885 is heating up for a brisket flat. Yesterday I used salt, pepper and the Coffee rub that my wife loves. FYI, it took only 13 minutes to reach 250.

Yesterday, the temp rose enough to melt the ice on my deck before dropping back down into the 20s. I have access to the BBQ Patio now without falling on my rear-end, so it's gonna be a quick pork tenderloin for dinner today. It's not gonna get above freezing here till Wednesday. Sheesh!

Yesterday, the temp rose enough to melt the ice on my deck before dropping back down into the 20s. I have access to the BBQ Patio now without falling on my rear-end, so it's gonna be a quick pork tenderloin for dinner today. It's not gonna get above freezing here till Wednesday. Sheesh!
I’m about 50 miles due west of Fort Worth, and it’s not supposed to get above freezing here until Friday afternoon. Below 0 tomorrow night....

Today was grill day... vac, load pellets into a couple empty buckets, wash probes, and thanks to a good guy on this site, Sharpened several of my knives ready for any MEAT!!!!

Twas chilly, but I tell you, regardless of the ambient temp, the Traeger kicks ass for cooking. While not as cold as our northern bretheren, it was 24 degrees outside when I Traegered these pork tenderloins. Yes, Traegered is a verb.

Pork Tenderloin A1.jpg

Pork Tenderloin A2.jpg

Easy Peasy. Cooke at 375 for 20 minutes, flip and cook for 10 minutes more and pull at 145 degrees internal. You will never have a more tender tenderloin.

Lookin good there @GrillMeister ! Does it get this cold down there ofter?
I cant wait till next weekend, spose to be in the 30's! I don't know what im gonna fix but something will be Traegering!

Back