What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Lookin good there @GrillMeister ! Does it get this cold down there ofter?
I cant wait till next weekend, spose to be in the 30's! I don't know what im gonna fix but something will be Traegering!

Every few years it does, otherwise we get awesome sunny 80 degree days in Feb.

Had two smokers running yesterday. Made the Mac & Cheese on Ironwood 650 and Chuck roast on Green Mountain tailgate smoker. Past two summers out son has worked at a golf cart sales and repair shop. They sell Green Mountain smokers and gave him the tailgate smoker last Thanksgiving when he was home from college!!!! Used Malcom’s AP rub on chuck roast, smoked 1.5 hrs @ 250, flipped it, another 1.5 hrs, pulled it, placed in foil pan with 32 oz of beef broth, covered with foil and into the oven @ 250 for 2 hrs

Attachments

• AA097014-1AED-449F-A7D7-1C8C538C8752.jpeg
    AA097014-1AED-449F-A7D7-1C8C538C8752.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 53
  • C9CB97BE-2E25-4B90-A9FB-FBEC77C66CA0.jpeg
    C9CB97BE-2E25-4B90-A9FB-FBEC77C66CA0.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 7577D569-144B-496B-B75F-2E3309E6C962.jpeg
    7577D569-144B-496B-B75F-2E3309E6C962.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 55
Does it get this cold down there ofter?
They are saying that this is the coldest weather in North Central Texas in 88 years.
I’m in my 70’s, and I can’t remember a time that it has been this cold for this long.
Plumbers are gonna love this....most contractors only bury water pipes 12-18” deep (if that deep) here.

Power’s been out since 1 am. 3 degrees this mornin. Been feeding the fireplace since 3 am And rotating my Honda 2000i genny between the well house heater, the horse trough water heater, and my fridges and freezers. Fortunately I have a propane cooktop and swmbo whipped up a hot meal chicken fajita meat, brats and Penna pasta.

Power’s been out since 1 am. 3 degrees this mornin. Been feeding the fireplace since 3 am And rotating my Honda 2000i genny between the well house heater, the horse trough water heater, and my fridges and freezers. Fortunately I have a propane cooktop and swmbo whipped up a hot meal chicken fajita meat, brats and Penna pasta.
Glad to hear you are making it ok. Was -22 f here last night. I got my genny all ready to go just in case.

Glad to hear you are making it ok. Was -22 f here last night. I got my genny all ready to go just in case.
Yep. I have plenty of ethanol free, stabilized gas to use to get me through this. The buffoons at Austin Energy are going to kill some folks who will freeze to death. What a cluster..

This is unreal! 3 million people in Texas without power!
It made my local news channel.
@GrillMeister and anyone else in Texas, you are in my prayers.

Anyone, please send some global warming to austin texas right now.
My daughter, who grew up in Colorado, has never seen any like this in her life! She sent me a picture of her local HEB and the line was around the corner!

No power. No water. And they just drank the last of the wine!

This is unreal! 3 million people in Texas without power!
It made my local news channel.
@GrillMeister and anyone else in Texas, you are in my prayers.
It’s actually closer to 6 million now

My daughter, who grew up in Colorado, has never seen any like this in her life! She sent me a picture of her local HEB and the line was around the corner!

She is in my prayer also. I hope she is safe and can find warmth!

Just be thankful that you only got the western edge of this. My son and his family live south of Denver (Highlands Ranch)

Back