What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Dinner tomorrow, but going on the Ironwood tonight. Can't believe Prime-1 from HEB for $3.49/lb.

Prime Brisket.jpeg

Trimmed, rubbed in mustard and dusted with BBQ rub. Been marinating in the fridge since this morning.

Prime 1 marinating.jpeg

$3.49 is the Costco price for prime grade Brisket in the SF Bay Area...

Garlic marinated beef kebabs tonight. Same rule applies as the chicken kebabs. Meat-veg-meat-veg-meat-veg. It helps to have an adult beverage too. :)

Beef kababs 1.jpeg

Beef kababs 2.jpeg

Beef kababs 3.jpeg

Since it is beef and I like medium rare, it only takes about 15 minutes to cook.
Beef kababs 4.jpeg

Garlic marinated beef kebabs tonight. Same rule applies as the chicken kebabs. Meat-veg-meat-veg-meat-veg. It helps to have an adult beverage too. :)

Since it is beef and I like medium rare, it only takes about 15 minutes to cook.

Wow, those look amazing (y)

Got my 50/50 venison/Beef meatloaf all packed in and ready to start cookin soon...

about an hour in and I take the bottom pan off... and it cooks thru and thru

20201122_134436.jpg

20201122_134514.jpg

This was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20201122_172654.jpg

20201122_171925.jpg

20201122_172335.jpg

I'm a bit sad, my SRF Brisket is not what I expected. I used the weekday method, it took 27 hours to hit 203F. I paper wrapped it and used a water pan, refilled once.

I used Traeger Texas Beef pellets and it burned a full hopper. This was more than my last brisket using CookinPellets 100% hickory. My pellet stir system worked great at keeping the pellets level. Besides the temperature offset at a lower temps, the grill held set temps very well.

The smoke ring is good but the bark is pretty hard and the flat is a little dry. Meat Church rub tastes great.

I think I'm a foil wrap guy moving forward. I tried, but I'm not a Texan, preferring more fall off the bone types.
What thermometer are you using? It's a great dashboard view. Thanks so much!

What thermometer are you using? It's a great dashboard view. Thanks so much!
He's using a Fireboard2.
It is a very good unit. A few on this forum are using it, including myself.

Back