What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Would a 2 or 2.5 gallon bucket work better?

For something that small YES, but I can see using the 5gal for a whole brisket if I ever do one that way....
The MAX line on the Inkbird is really only about a little over 2" below the rim it clips on... so I had a 5 gal filled to within about 2.5" of the top to start with, then it lost about an inch in 10hours of evap...
SO that was way more water than I needed for a 3lb corned beef, but again, something 3 times that size would need that.

Why did you get an LER error Timmy???

Why did you get an LER error Timmy???
I let the grill warm for 15 min. on smoke setting. Then put drumsticks on, temp dropped to 28f in the grill. I shut the lid left it in smoke mode and it didnt recover fast enough to get over 120f. So it shut down and threw the ler code. I shut it off turned it right back on and it refired right away. Then it heated back up to 160ish but kept dropping to 130f in smoke mode. So i turned it up to 180f and it worked fine. Smoke mode works on a timer not temp., so it had troubles since its so cold out.

Last edited:
Chuckie is on... used Williams Hamburger Spice on the chuckie... 275° till 165° IT then paper wrap to 200

Going by Fireboard pit temp, my Traeger temp is getting worse as far as like almost 20° high... (or I need to double check my ambient probe someday)

Ugggh. High wind warning today with winds expected up to 65 mph. Nothing says temp fluctuations like 65 mph wind!

I changed plans and am only doing a short cook and the grill is in an area that gets some wind block but I hate the wind!

B6D79EAF-AF66-43F5-9497-C5935E3350C8.jpeg
Pork shoulder injected with ACV apple cider and rub

Last brisket point was done at almost 10. They took longer than I thought they would. I thought being in chunks they'd cook a lot faster
Sliced one last night and the other two this morning. Will portion pack them in vacuum bags now for future meals
20210207_090414.jpg20210206_230729.jpg20210207_090125.jpg20210207_091303.jpgScreenshot_20210207-092934_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
animated-smileys-eating-drinking-072.gif
JAKE, I almost put my face against the computer for that one!!!
That's awesome, sorry they took so long

Left side ambient was close to the same as right side for first 4 hours, and then jumped way up... wonder what made it jump like that

Do I COVER the foil pan when cooking the cubes or leave it open on a Traeger???

Left side ambient was close to the same as right side for first 4 hours, and then jumped way up... wonder what made it jump like that
That's the heat effect of the smoke tube. It was on the left side on the bottom grate. As it burned closer, but below, the ambient probe I had placed on the top grate the temp came up.
But I have no explanation as to why it happened later. I took the tube out when it finished its burn

Last edited:
That's the heat effect of the smoke tube. It was on the left side on the bottom grate. As it burned closer, but below, the ambient probe I had placed on the top grate the temp came up.
But I have explanation as to why it happened later. I took the tube out when it finished its burn
Ahhh, that explains it...

Back