What's for dinner tonight? Dinner ideas?

Smoker at 250° now cuz meat dropped 15° IT... gotta get that going UP, not down dammit!!

I had this happen when i made burnt ends, i treated it similar to a stall.

Lookin real good Jake

Where'd you get the cuts from??
Our grocery store chain up here, Super Store, has been carrying them every once in a while. Usually $1/pound more than the whole packers
I was buying them to do corned beef, pastrami and Montreal Smoked Meat. But the points are so nice and moist just smoked like a packer brisket
I will get more for the pastrami and smoked meat

You lucky sum beetch

Ok. So if all goes right I'm planning to do the Traeger cajun broil sunday noon. But i have a question on the shrimp. I bought ez peel deveined from Sams club. I am assuming the the shrimp needs peeled before cooking. Is this correct? I figured id check them to make sure they all got deveined correctly also. This is new territory for me so I'll take all the input i can get!
I found a web site that says to peel the shrimp, so thats what im going with.

@Slimpicker , were do you get Trader Joes Everyday seasoning?

Cool, tnx. So what did you think of the inkbird?yea or nay?

(y) (y)

It did exactly what it was supposed to do... the regular APP is good enough, once everything was connected it was dead on and does control everything. The PRO version is for your whole house connected to Inkbird Smart Home... (My home is too dumb to be a smart home)

So, wrapped in foil at 201° and left on grill during 'shutdown' for a warm rest... fat cap stayed intact, bottom facing down got a bit dry but no affect on internal meat... made for GREAT sandwich meat, bite thru tender for sure, sandwich was so good I forgot the mustard!!!

A crock pot version would have been different, I doubt it would have held together to make good sammies with... wife will probably just do slices and a side... it was VERY tender, but not fall apart with all the great flavor.

20210206_122453.jpg
20210206_122503.jpg

20210206_122608.jpg
20210206_122712.jpg

Dang! Sure look delicious! Well done!👍

Dang! Sure look delicious! Well done!👍

We had the rest for supper, wife loved it!!! I have to agree... I'd do it again for sure... The Smoke came thru on that real well.
ONLY THING, I used that 5gal white food bucket for the Sous Vide and didn't need half that, so I'll just use my soup pot next time and every time I don't need that must space.

Doin drumsticks on the Bronson 20 tonight. Its a bit cold.
Here is the live feed.
Sat Feb 6 Session https://share.fireboard.io/AFFC52
20210206_180619.jpg

Half are rubbed with Butt Shaker, half are with Rib Tickler. Im excited to try the tickled ones! 😁

(y) (y)

It did exactly what it was supposed to do... the regular APP is good enough, once everything was connected it was dead on and does control everything. The PRO version is for your whole house connected to Inkbird Smart Home... (My home is too dumb to be a smart home)

So, wrapped in foil at 201° and left on grill during 'shutdown' for a warm rest... fat cap stayed intact, bottom facing down got a bit dry but no affect on internal meat... made for GREAT sandwich meat, bite thru tender for sure, sandwich was so good I forgot the mustard!!!

A crock pot version would have been different, I doubt it would have held together to make good sammies with... wife will probably just do slices and a side... it was VERY tender, but not fall apart with all the great flavor.

View attachment 4049 View attachment 4050

View attachment 4051 View attachment 4052
That looks great! Good job.

Smoking a 17 pounder, Meat Church weekday brisket recipe and rubs. Cherry Smoke Tube.

Here's the live feed;
Brisket #6 Prime Sat Feb 6

Attachments

• EB551D96-F8BA-4B79-A45B-21325EAC507A.jpeg
    EB551D96-F8BA-4B79-A45B-21325EAC507A.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 57112242-CD39-4B07-AF2A-6177AE0924AD.jpeg
    57112242-CD39-4B07-AF2A-6177AE0924AD.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 67
We had the rest for supper, wife loved it!!! I have to agree... I'd do it again for sure... The Smoke came thru on that real well.
ONLY THING, I used that 5gal white food bucket for the Sous Vide and didn't need half that, so I'll just use my soup pot next time and every time I don't need that must space.
The sandwich looks amazing. Nice choice in bread for it. Meat looked good in there.
Would a 2 or 2.5 gallon bucket work better? I am getting tempted on the Sous Vide road. Watching what you guys do and reading about it a bit more now. I need something I can experiment cooking with when our wet winter roll in. I doubt I'll ever get an outdoor kitchen under a cover. It is a pipe dream for now

Drumstick came out delicious! Nice and juicy!
Williams Rib Tickler was really good! ( Thanks @GrillMeister!!)
20210206_195040.jpg
20210206_195728.jpg

The Bronson 20 did pretty well considering it 0f degrees outside. The bonus was Fareway had these on sale 88 cents a pound!

Attachments

• 20210206_195040.jpg
    20210206_195040.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210206_195728.jpg
    20210206_195728.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 29
Back