What's cooking today? 🔥 Pics are necessary!

After Thanksgiving I was at Walmart Market and found some leftover frozen turkeys on sale for cheap, I got 4 of them and they all was around 6 bucks each (really) and I have a 105 lb lab that I routinely cook chicken and turkey for. So I’ve got one on the Traeger now without any seasonings of course. I’ll chop it up and mix with other goodies for him, so much better than commercial dog food and cheap. I’m using the probe for my 780 so I can continue on with my Saturday without worrying about it. I know it’ll be off a bit but not enough to hurt anything. It’s at 145 now so I got time to get this grass cut now that the sun finally came out. I got about 5 acres to cut with my awesome zero turn mower, I’ll cut the other with the tractor another day. It’s got cup holders for a couple cold beers, got my Apple ear buds and gonna rock out with some 70s classic rock! Life is great when things go well. I hope Y’all Have a great weekend everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_8897.jpeg
    IMG_8897.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8899.jpeg
    IMG_8899.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 20
After Thanksgiving I was at Walmart Market and found some leftover frozen turkeys on sale for cheap, I got 4 of them and they all was around 6 bucks each (really) and I have a 105 lb lab that I routinely cook chicken and turkey for. So I’ve got one on the Traeger now without any seasonings of course. I’ll chop it up and mix with other goodies for him, so much better than commercial dog food and cheap. I’m using the probe for my 780 so I can continue on with my Saturday without worrying about it. I know it’ll be off a bit but not enough to hurt anything. It’s at 145 now so I got time to get this grass cut now that the sun finally came out. I got about 5 acres to cut with my awesome zero turn mower, I’ll cut the other with the tractor another day. It’s got cup holders for a couple cold beers, got my Apple ear buds and gonna rock out with some 70s classic rock! Life is great when things go well. I hope Y’all Have a great weekend everyone!
I love turkey off of my Traeger. Every so often the local Publix will put them on sale for $.49/pound.

Chicken was good but made a mess and stuck to grill got it all cleaned off but took awhile - forgot to preheat before put food on- was this my problem ? Was my first time

Attachments

• 70935595689__BACB1727-433D-4593-87C6-06D84AD6B569.jpeg
    70935595689__BACB1727-433D-4593-87C6-06D84AD6B569.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 70935600787__5F814ED5-4B73-4680-A2E3-00ED226012EB.fullsizerender.jpeg
    70935600787__5F814ED5-4B73-4680-A2E3-00ED226012EB.fullsizerender.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 24
Chicken was good but made a mess and stuck to grill got it all cleaned off but took awhile - forgot to preheat before put food on- was this my problem ? Was my first time
Did you oil the grates first? I’ve never really gotten that much stickage

How you get all those probes in there?
You can coat the grate with with canola oil or a spray like Pam for grills. Letting the grill get to temperature will help also but I always coat my grates.

A good way to get an even cook on chicken is to spatchcock it, cut out the back bone then flip it over breast side up. You won’t have all that skin sticking to the grate either.

The Traeger will have a hole on the side with a grommet with a slit in it so you can push the probes into the grilling chamber.

Welcome to the forum!

Did you shuck the corn and cook it on the Traeger? I'm a corn purest and always simply boil it, but I'm open to trying new things. Do you get much smoke on it?
-PH

Did you shuck the corn and cook it on the Traeger? I'm a corn purest and always simply boil it, but I'm open to trying new things. Do you get much smoke on it?
-PH

We continually experiment with various ways of preparing corn. In our last attempt, we chose to wrap the corn in foil with the husk still attached and placed it in the Traeger, on the top rack alongside the chicken, for approximately 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees. They turned out great!

Next time we want to try the Traeger Street corn recipe:

1688070140686.png

Damn good looking meal there sir ...
hi.gif

We continually experiment with various ways of preparing corn. In our last attempt, we chose to wrap the corn in foil with the husk still attached and placed it in the Traeger, on the top rack alongside the chicken, for approximately 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees. They turned out great!

Next time we want to try the Traeger Street corn recipe:

Elote is delicious! I don't do it often enough.

Back