What do you use for your griddle tool storage?

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
How do you store your griddle tools? Do you have a dedicated setup or any clever storage solutions that help keep everything organized and within reach?

I was debating on getting something like this:griddle-caddy.png

or this:
griddle-caddy2.png

Last edited:
A tool caddy is helpful, but you still need a place to store it. I built a Suncast storage cabinet 30" wide x 20" deep x 6 feet tall with shelves to store my supplies. That includes such things as spatulas, tongs, scrapers, insulated gloves, an apron and paper towels. The cabinet stays outside year round. Things like oil, seasonings and condiments would not fare well being stored outside.

I bought a large rolling tool chest from Home Depot. Works great. Plenty of room for storage and it has a place in my outdoor kitchen area. The area is covered but blowing rain will get in so I found a place online that make custom waterproof covers. I think I paid around $150 for the cover. Chest ran around $600 I think.

As my grilling and BBQ habit grew, it became obvious I needed something serious for storage as well as a serving table. Thus was born The BBQ Butler, a 44” wide, 34” tall, 24” deep storage and prep space on casters that I built. It sits in a corner of our deck by the Weber grill and Treager Pro 22 and keeps my wife from ragging’ at me about my hobby. The prep/serving top is an el cheapo laminate countertop from a big box store. The main box is 3/4” ply. Some 2x2 or 2x4 interior framing. There is a full width drawer, 6” deep, that holds big stuff like the rotisserie set, cleaning toolbox, welders gloves and all the other doodads and gizmos we collect.
Underneath are two centre-open doors.The large storage area has an upper shelf for trays, skillets and welder’s blanket (the frugal guy’s winter grill blanket). Lower area is packed with bags of wood chips, smoke tubes and other weird odds & sods.
I keep my pellets in the garage.in 5 gal pails bought from the local hardware store. Heck of a lot cheaper than those “Pellet storage bins” sold at the local BBQ shop.

As my grilling and BBQ habit grew, it became obvious I needed something serious for storage as well as a serving table. Thus was born The BBQ Butler, a 44” wide, 34” tall, 24” deep storage and prep space on casters that I built. It sits in a corner of our deck by the Weber grill and Treager Pro 22 and keeps my wife from ragging’ at me about my hobby. The prep/serving top is an el cheapo laminate countertop from a big box store. The main box is 3/4” ply. Some 2x2 or 2x4 interior framing. There is a full width drawer, 6” deep, that holds big stuff like the rotisserie set, cleaning toolbox, welders gloves and all the other doodads and gizmos we collect.
Underneath are two centre-open doors.The large storage area has an upper shelf for trays, skillets and welder’s blanket (the frugal guy’s winter grill blanket). Lower area is packed with bags of wood chips, smoke tubes and other weird odds & sods.
I keep my pellets in the garage.in 5 gal pails bought from the local hardware store. Heck of a lot cheaper than those “Pellet storage bins” sold at the local BBQ shop.

Sorry, but you MUST provide a photo of your prep station. It sounds awesome.

Sorry, but you MUST provide a photo of your prep station. It sounds awesome.

As requested. Photo 1 shows the Butler in the “cook corner” with the Pro 22 and Weber gas grill. Photo 2 shows the lower doors open; bulky stuff like wood chips and rib racks on the bottom shelf, and thin stuff like fish rack, cutting boards and welder’s blanket on the upper shelf. You can also see (if you squint) some of the structural components. Photo 3 is the drawer at full open with gloves, rotisserie and toolkit etc.
If I were to make a Mk II version (which I won’t) there are about 4 things I would do differently.

Attachments

• bbq_grill_butler.JPG
    bbq_grill_butler.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 5
  • butler doors open.JPG
    butler doors open.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 5
  • butler drawer.JPG
    butler drawer.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 5
As requested. Photo 1 shows the Butler in the “cook corner” with the Pro 22 and Weber gas grill. Photo 2 shows the lower doors open; bulky stuff like wood chips and rib racks on the bottom shelf, and thin stuff like fish rack, cutting boards and welder’s blanket on the upper shelf. You can also see (if you squint) some of the structural components. Photo 3 is the drawer at full open with gloves, rotisserie and toolkit etc.
If I were to make a Mk II version (which I won’t) there are about 4 things I would do differently.
Awesome job. Looks well thought out

@Hogan

Thanks for providing the photo of your prep station. As I suspected, you did an awesome job. :love:

Latest Discussions

Back