Pellets I will be giving Oklahoma Joe's pellets a try

Slimpicker

⚒️ MODERATOR
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
I caught myself almost OUT, and at $10/bag (20lb) and free delivery next day from Amazon, I thought I'd try them...
They look LONG which is not exactly a good thing but we will see.
If I have no problem with them, I might buy more.
I'm not BIG on pellet flavors or whatever. They burn and smoke, that's good enough for me, but I did buy their hickory and Comp Blend.
Anyway, I got ribs coming up and I hope to have trouble free 4 hours of run time.
I'll keep ya posted.

Pellets are produced by compressing sawdust to produce a thick paste and extruding the paste through a die. The extruded material breaks into pellets of random length. Sometimes the pellets look long, but they should break up when they enter the auger.

If you have concerns, take one of the longer pellets and try to snap it by hand. If it breaks, it should not cause any trouble. You can always break any excessively long pellets by hand when you load them in the hopper.

Pellets are produced by compressing sawdust to produce a thick paste and extruding the paste through a die. The extruded material breaks into pellets of random length. Sometimes the pellets look long, but they should break up when they enter the auger.

If you have concerns, take one of the longer pellets and try to snap it by hand. If it breaks, it should not cause any trouble. You can always break any excessively long pellets by hand when you load them in the hopper.

Well, they are pretty firm actually, and very long.
I have 40lbs, so I'll give them an honest try, but I had a bag of PitBoss once that were also this long, I had temp spikes and lows using them. They stayed long in the fire pot.
It's not about the length, it's more about how they burn, but like I said, I'll be wishing they work out... who wouldn't want 20lbs delivered free for only $10...

2024-09-18 10.58.17.jpg

Back