Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread!

Might try getting with a welding/ machine shop and get them to make you an extension to the hopper. Shouldn’t be too complicated or expensive.

Yeah but then need a longer auger. Thats why i was asking if the newer ones are 12 inch. I believe it would put it in the center of the fridge

Hello to all from the UK!
Brand new to the forum and Just about to push the button on a new Traeger Pro 780, brand new to the serious world of grilling looking to share my journey as well as glean any help and advice I can from your guys and girls grilling experience.

Welcome! I have a Pro 780 and loving it. The only issues I have are the temperature probes, the one for ambient temperature inside on the right side of grill isn’t very accurate. It is close as long as what you’re cooking is right beside it. However I use a aftermarket grill grate suspended by four half sections of bricks to cook on, it allows the smoke to circulate around the meat as well as I put a drip pan/water pan on stock shelf (bottom shelf) to keep cleaning at a minimum and add moisture to long cooks. So by doing this (raising the meat above the ambient probe, it’s a good bit of temperature difference. The other (meat probe) I hardly ever use because although you can calibrate it it’ll still be off. Most everyone on here uses a third part temperature monitoring system, it’s a good thing! I also vacuum out the inside of the grill after every cook and clean my grates. I also refill with pellets, this way I’m ready to cook the next time without the hassle of cleaning.
Sorry so long of response, since we have the same grills I wanted to share what works great for me. You’ll find a lot of great information on here.

Thanks for the welcome Shedd and the info on the 780 it's great to hear about potential issues that with help like this can be worked around if they occur, also cleaning tips are one of the things I wanted to learn so thanks for that too.

Gday everyone from Ontario Canada
New to forum and going on week 2 of owning my ironwood 650 and loving it. Found this site looking for a hopper chute to ease the emptying of pellets and I can already tell I’m going to love this place!

Welcome to the forum! Yes you’ve found a great place with a lot of experienced folks willing to help anyway they can. I don’t empty my hopper so I can’t help with that but I do remember someone on here talking about it. Hopefully they will chime in.

Gday everyone from Ontario Canada
New to forum and going on week 2 of owning my ironwood 650 and loving it. Found this site looking for a hopper chute to ease the emptying of pellets and I can already tell I’m going to love this place!

He’s not making them anymore

Aloha from the People’s Republik of Hawaii…….
Had a Bradley for my first smoker and after 7 years decided to get a Traeger Pro 22in 2023. No regrets! Look forward to all the great info on here…..
Mahalo nui loa!😎
Welcome!! Plenty of great folks on here with a lot of knowledge. Share some pictures of your cooks, we’re a hungry bunch here! Lol

Aloha from the People’s Republik of Hawaii…….
Had a Bradley for my first smoker and after 7 years decided to get a Traeger Pro 22in 2023. No regrets! Look forward to all the great info on here…..
Mahalo nui loa!😎
Welcome to the forum!

Back