Wagyu Beef Tallow - The ultimate Brisket secret?

Quit spending my money 💰🤑 lol
That is a good price and a slick idea. I just did a slow pour into a couple different containers seemed to work fine.

For the final pour thru you add a coffee filter to that and it's all done...

Quit spending my money

My wife says the same thing....
smack.gif

I was in Costco yesterday looking for a prime brisket (none available) and had a conversation with another shopper about briskets. He asked if I ever injected a brisket with Waygyu beef tallow and I said no. He went on to tell me how much better his briskets have been since he started injecting. The kicker here? After he left, my wife said why don’t you try adding the beef tallow for the July 4 brisket.…….Amazon delivers it tomorrow!

I was in Costco yesterday looking for a prime brisket (none available) and had a conversation with another shopper about briskets. He asked if I ever injected a brisket with Waygyu beef tallow and I said no. He went on to tell me how much better his briskets have been since he started injecting. The kicker here? After he left, my wife said why don’t you try adding the beef tallow for the July 4 brisket.…….Amazon delivers it tomorrow!
Some her use it in the wrap, but not injecting

Costco does not have brisket in the coolers, but if you get a butcher and tel him what you are going to do with it and what you want it to weigh, he useally comes back with 2 or 3 to pick from…
once I pick he puts the price tag on….

Costco does not have brisket in the coolers, but if you get a butcher and tel him what you are going to do with it and what you want it to weigh, he useally comes back with 2 or 3 to pick from…
once I pick he puts the price tag on….
I did talk to the butcher but the Costco we shop at had not received any prime for a few days. Eventually got one at Sam’s. I had to ask at Sam’s Club and they brought out 4, all very large. The prime brisket I bought was almost 23 lbs.

I did talk to the butcher but the Costco we shop at had not received any prime for a few days. Eventually got one at Sam’s. I had to ask at Sam’s Club and they brought out 4, all very large. The prime brisket I bought was almost 23 lbs.
That is gonna take forever to cook…

That is gonna take forever to cook…
I am worried about that a bit. My thoughts are put it in the IW 885 at 225 at 3:00 PM on Sat and set an alarm for 170. If it looks good at 170, wrap in butcher paper with the Waygu beef tallow (no injection) and bump the temp up to 250. Looking for probe tender by 1:00, rest for 3 hrs. Dinner is at 4:00. Built in extra time during rest. Think that schedule will work?

I am worried about that a bit. My thoughts are put it in the IW 885 at 225 at 3:00 PM on Sat and set an alarm for 170. If it looks good at 170, wrap in butcher paper with the Waygu beef tallow (no injection) and bump the temp up to 250. Looking for probe tender by 1:00, rest for 3 hrs. Dinner is at 4:00. Built in extra time during rest. Think that schedule will work?
I would start at noon, at 190, and bump to 225 early in the morning. Gonna need to rest that beast for 3 hours…

I’m going to rest only the flat. Will be making burnt ends with the point.
Getting it done by noon, (24 hours) would be perfect for a 4 pm dinner. I don’t think 24 hours will do it though. A 15-17 pounder takes me 20-23 hrs..

JamesB,
Thanks for your time and advice. I will certainly be starting it earlier. By the way, do you use weight that is pre-trim or post-trim?

JamesB,
Thanks for your time and advice. I will certainly be starting it earlier. By the way, do you use weight that is pre-trim or post-trim?
Pre trim…Was probably 13-14 after trim

Back