Pellets Tractor Supply in the pellet business

OldMayfield

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Just got back from TSC to buy pellets. They were down to 2 bags of Bear Mountain Gourmet (one damaged and taped up) on clearance, that was it. But they had a couple pallets of their own Tractor Supply brand Wood Pellets for sale.

Anyone use the TSC pellets yet? I'll be disappointed if they no longer carry other brands (the girl at the cash register said pellets are "seasonal" products - in Florida?!?). But if the TSC pellets are OK, I'm game to try them.

Just got back from TSC to buy pellets. They were down to 2 bags of Bear Mountain Gourmet (one damaged and taped up) on clearance, that was it. But they had a couple pallets of their own Tractor Supply brand Wood Pellets for sale.

Anyone use the TSC pellets yet? I'll be disappointed if they no longer carry other brands (the girl at the cash register said pellets are "seasonal" products - in Florida?!?). But if the TSC pellets are OK, I'm game to try them

Anyone use the TSC pellets yet? I'll be disappointed if they no longer carry other brands (the girl at the cash register said pellets are "seasonal" products - in Florida?!?). But if the TSC pellets are OK, I'm game to try them.
Found the same at my local TSC. No other brand besides their own. My store also removed all their grills from the floor.

Well I'll have to answer my own question. I've had a very good experience with the TSC Hickory Craft pellets I bought. Great price: $ 9.99 for a 20# bag. Very low dust (visual observation, not scientific like @Slimpicker). Ignites reliably.

I have unfairly stressed these pellets. I've been tardy cleaning the grill due to family travel and other commitments. We've had a lot of rain. As a result of a hot-box full of ash, response to ignition and temperature changes have been slowed. But they light and stay lit. They are performing, and performing well.

Food has tasted great. I'll give them a B+, maybe an A-. I'll gladly buy another bag.

So you like these over Bear Mountain which is the same price?
I'm just asking.

For me, probably a toss-up, Slim. I like them both. I'm happy to use either.

Also, I'm probably not a sophisticated enough griller (or eater) to tell the difference. I hope some of our "power-users" will pitch in and try the TSC pellets and let us know what they think.

For that price, and the convenience of TSC (I'm often there for other things), it's good to know they do the job.

My local store still has Bear Mountain and Pit Boss pellets. Bear Mountain is $12.99 for 20 lbs. Pit Boss $16.99 for 40 pounds. Some of the Bear Mountain flavors were on sale for $9.99 so maybe they are phasing them out.

TSC brand was $9.99 for 20 pounds or $12.99 for 40 pounds.

So you like these over Bear Mountain which is the same price?
I'm just asking.
My TS has raised the prices on Bear Mountain to I think $12.99

TSC today: 20# bag of Bear Mountain pellets on sale for $9.99!

@Slimpicker if you try those TSC pellets, let us know what you think. They became a little tougher to light near the bottom of the bag, but we've been traveling, so they had to last longer than usual. All-in-all, I thought TSC were OK.

Back