Sausage Recipes

RustyJake

⚒️ Moderator
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 650
For those interested, here's a great resource for sausage information and recipes.
Lots of 'fresh' sausage recipes that don't require the use of cure. Keep in mind, you don't have to put the sausage in casing if you don't have the means to do so. You can make sausage patties or roll into little unwrapped sausages.
Link to the cure calculator as well as the recipes and general information on types of sausage and meat selection, etc.

Pretty much anything anyone would want to make.

If you're working with casings, a piston stuffer can be incredibly useful for efficiently filling the casings with an even texture and less air, giving you a professional result with minimal effort.

For those interested, here's a great resource for sausage information and recipes.
Lots of 'fresh' sausage recipes that don't require the use of cure. Keep in mind, you don't have to put the sausage in casing if you don't have the means to do so. You can make sausage patties or roll into little unwrapped sausages.
Link to the cure calculator as well as the recipes and general information on types of sausage and meat selection, etc.

Pretty much anything anyone would want to make.
Very nice resource. I've only done Italian and it's been a long time. I used pork butt added salt, black pepper fennel seed and red pepper flakes. I was able to get pig gut in the local grocery and used one of these
41j-oKNiN8L._AC_SL1001_.jpg
and my trusty thumb. When I lived in NY we had a cool basement that was ideal for drying sausage in winter. That worked too.

Very nice resource. I've only done Italian and it's been a long time. I used pork butt added salt, black pepper fennel seed and red pepper flakes. I was able to get pig gut in the local grocery and used one of theseView attachment 24628 and my trusty thumb. When I lived in NY we had a cool basement that was ideal for drying sausage in winter. That worked too.
You can save your thumbs and get a cheap stuffer. Cheap investment
Manual Sausage Stuffer Machine, Stainless Steel Sausage Maker with 3 Sizes Sausage Stuffing Tubes, Hand Operated Salami Maker Sausage Filling Machine Kitchen Tool for Household Use
Amazon
https://a.co/d/gUKhhpX

Walmart

You may be able to find an end tube for these that you could extrude ground jerky with

Back