Insane Temp jumps

JJones

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger pro 34
Last weekend I was using my pro 34 set at 275 and all of a sudden I was getting constant temp jumps from 300 all the way up to 520 eventually causing it to get the HER error code and the grill turning off. Before use, I fully cleaned it inside and out (I always clean fire pot and vacuum out dust after every other use). I ordered a new RTD probe hoping it will fix the issue. The grill is less than 3 months old so I was kind of surprised. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks

It's most likely a bad RTD, hot rod, or controller. You should still call customer service and tell them what's going on though. It's definitely still under warranty at 3 months old. They'll troubleshoot with you and send you the replacement parts for free. If they don't get it working correctly in a timeline that you are satisfied with, either ask for a full replacement or return it and get another one.

Last weekend I was using my pro 34 set at 275 and all of a sudden I was getting constant temp jumps from 300 all the way up to 520 eventually causing it to get the HER error code and the grill turning off. Before use, I fully cleaned it inside and out (I always clean fire pot and vacuum out dust after every other use). I ordered a new RTD probe hoping it will fix the issue. The grill is less than 3 months old so I was kind of surprised. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks
I had the same issue, I contacted CS, the tech advised starting with a replacing the temp probe, which corrected my problem. The grill has worked perfect since. Good luck

Latest Discussions

Back