Help! I'm about to throw this thing in trash compacter

wish my wife had one of those....
sometimes i try the volume knob on the remote, pointed directly at her in case she's not infra red equipped. seems she's not and the remote is for a different version.

damn ota updates.
The off button can be quote expensive, usually costs you at least half of what you have.
do you know why divorce is expensive?

because it's worth it. ba dum tshhhh

sometimes i try the volume knob on the remote, pointed directly at her in case she's not infra red equipped. seems she's not and the remote is for a different version.

damn ota updates.

do you know why divorce is expensive?

because it's worth it.
Mine wasn't infra-red but would definitely go insta-red

Some times you got to pay to play, or it went something like that

The plus side is that you bought it from Costco so you can just take it back... then try a ironwood or timberline though you can’t buy them from Costco they have different issues.
I went from silverton to timberline, most of the issues that have been reported have not occurred with my timberline ...

Year ago Feb was my 40’th work anniversary and I picked the Ironwood 650 as my anniversary gift!!!!! Son asked me if it was worth 40 years of my life? :) I struggle getting it it connected to wifi and then the famous firmware update blew it up! Miserable getting it reconnected! Really like it now. My son worked the past two summers at a golf cart sales and repair store that also sell Green Mountain smokers and they gave him a Davey Crocket tailgate smoker last fall. Unbelievable how easy it was to connect to wifi.

Attachments

• 7C40F9BD-B3B9-42D6-B4E3-2A239A2408D7.png
    7C40F9BD-B3B9-42D6-B4E3-2A239A2408D7.png
    368.3 KB · Views: 35
Cannot connect to WIFI....never has worked from day 1, spoke to merchant where I purchased it and he suggested buy a gaming router as they are more powerful and may work, well it didn't, now super smoke button not working so I cannot get it to forget network,

This piece of s**t needs to go, knew I shouldn't have bought it !!

Mark
Don;t do it Mark. Have you tried moving the smoker closer to your router just to try to get it to see it and connect? Also try restoring it to factory. I had some odd connectivity issues after I installed a Mesh setup, but restoring to factory did the job. One last thing to check - some wireless providers also have a VPN setting turned on your phone. Make sure that is turned off if you happen to have one.

Don;t do it Mark. Have you tried moving the smoker closer to your router just to try to get it to see it and connect? Also try restoring it to factory. I had some odd connectivity issues after I installed a Mesh setup, but restoring to factory did the job. One last thing to check - some wireless providers also have a VPN setting turned on your phone. Make sure that is turned off if you happen to have one.

Ummm, there was no real need to answer Mark directly Bigdaddy, cuz whatever he did he did in June of last year. But hey, no harm

Biggest wifi issue is the newer home WiFi gear likes the 5 frequency band but Traeger only works on the 2.4 band. Traeger needs to do a Etch-a-Sketch on their D2 controller and probes and have Fireboard help them out. Also putting the firebox at the opposite end from the chimney will help to have a uniform heat flow thorough the cooking chamber with more stable temperatures.

I seem to have a unique problem. I can get the grill to connect to my Samsung Note 10+ , but not to my LG phone. Any suggestions?

I have not read through all the posts and not sure if the situation is the same so I will apologize up front, just going by a few posts but I have a Silverton 620 and could not for the life of me get it to connect to my home WiFi, until...I literally dragged the grill into the house to the top of the basement stairs to where my WiFi AP was just below. The grill connected like a champ, firmware updated, then put it out in the backyard where there is a weak signal and it still works like a champ. No clue the reasoning for the initial set up but it worked for me. Hope this helps.

I have not read through all the posts and not sure if the situation is the same so I will apologize up front, just going by a few posts but I have a Silverton 620 and could not for the life of me get it to connect to my home WiFi, until...I literally dragged the grill into the house to the top of the basement stairs to where my WiFi AP was just below. The grill connected like a champ, firmware updated, then put it out in the backyard where there is a weak signal and it still works like a champ. No clue the reasoning for the initial set up but it worked for me. Hope this helps.
I got an outdoor antenna to reach mine and I'm happy with how all of my stuff works out back because of it.

I too had a CostCo Traeger model Century 885 bought 4 DEC 2020 and delivered 19 JAN 2021. The first two cook tries were a disaster due to wildly erratic temperature issues. Both temperature probes were replaced and the problems continued. The fire pot in the middle is an absolute major design problem. In disgust after two more tries resulting in failure, I returned the unit to CostCo for a full refund. For a brief period of time I contemplated switching to the Traeger 1300 series as the chimney is on the back as a long slit.

I then discovered the Yoder YS 640S pellet grill made in the USA with a Fireboad designed and built controller for the hopper and it was double the weight of the 1300 for the same list price of $1,300. The Yoder is totally made in the USA while all the Traeger products are all completely made in China per their packaging.

First two Yoder cooking efforts turned out great. When the new 2 ton air conditioner condenser gets here and installed, I can move the Yoder back into the cooking area and will continue cooking.

I also acquired the Fireboard six port temperature probe system and retired my Thermoworks four port system. The Fireboard app shows the three probes from the Yoder controller and the six from their six probe controller. All nine display on one screen of the iPhone 12 Max Pro or iPad and the WiF worked right out of the box.

You pay your money to take your choice. While the Traeger did not work for me, there are others that have had success with Traeger.

I seem to have a unique problem. I can get the grill to connect to my Samsung Note 10+ , but not to my LG phone. Any suggestions?
Make sure you are not running a VPN on that device. If you are turn it off and it should work.

Back