Wire Brush

Bills Mafia 302

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline XL, Timberline 1300, Big Green Egg XL
Hey guys! What’s everyone using to clean their grill grates? I’ve owned a ton of different products but never found anything perfect. Any ideas?? Thanks everyone! Cheers 🍻

I just use the wood Traeger scraper

Hey guys! What’s everyone using to clean their grill grates? I’ve owned a ton of different products but never found anything perfect. Any ideas?? Thanks everyone! Cheers 🍻
Personally I don’t like brushes and find them messy. I usually pill my grills off and hit them with a pressure washer using hot water.

Grill Grubber BBQ Cleaning Brush Safe for People, Bristle-Free - NO Bristles That can Stick to Your Food, Made in USA!​

Thanks Slim, I just ordered one and some replacement pads. My wife just read an article about loose wire bristles getting in people’s teeth, etc. The wire brush I use is wearing out anyhow, good time to replace it. Do you use any cleaning agent (I use diluted Pine-Sol with my wire brush) or just hot water?

I got a real wire brush from the tool bin at Home Depot. My thinking is the wire is better seated in the handle than the grill brushes so I'm less likely to get wire fallout. So far it seems to be the right choice.

I use these and let it soak and everything comes off. Great stuff and grill stays new!

Grab Green Cookware and Bakeware Cleaner Pods, 60 Count, Tangerine Lemongrass Scent, Plant and Mineral Based, Removes Burnt-On Food, Eliminates Grit and Grime, No Scrubbing Necessary​

A piece of cedar from some scrapwood I had lying around that I rubbed onto hot grates so grooves form into wood.

I use this for the usual scraping:
BBQ Wood Scraper
And aside from that I pull the grates and use a sponge with the green brillo side on it to clean it in the utility tub in the basement.

Back