What's cooking today? 🔥 Pics are necessary!

There is a reason that they make pellets in a variety of types/flavors. Smoke flavor is dependent upon the type of pellets, the cooking temperature (higher temp produces less smoke flavor) and cooking time. Picking the right pellets for the cook is just as important as picking the right seasonings.

20240811_161853[1].jpg

Thanks to the Baking Powder trick, I FINALLY did restaurant Buffalo Wings at home!!!
dance.gif

2024-08-12 16.54.55.jpg

View attachment 24158

I use the MSG, but it's optional
I added 1 tablespoon of baking powder and 1/2 cup of rice flour to help with make it even crispier. But it isn't necessary

If you want as close to KFC as possible, these folks used to make it for the Colonel and although they can't make it 100% identical, they say you can't taste the difference when you use their product

Edit to add this photo which is reported to be the actual hand written recipe from the colonel
View attachment 24210
Hey @RustyJake - Sorry to be over thinking this. You said: "Just before I put the wings on I used 2 tablespoons of copycat KFC breading and quickly tossed."

So, can I assume you mixed up the copy cat from that upper recipe with the requested 2C of flour. Then used 2 Tbsp of that "flour included" recipe on the wings?

Thanks again,
-PH

Hey @RustyJake - Sorry to be over thinking this. You said: "Just before I put the wings on I used 2 tablespoons of copycat KFC breading and quickly tossed."

So, can I assume you mixed up the copy cat from that upper recipe with the requested 2C of flour. Then used 2 Tbsp of that "flour included" recipe on the wings?

Thanks again,
-PH
Yes, it was inclusive of the flour.
I usually make up a big batch of the coating at one time and just take what I need.
The baking powder is what really helps with the crisping. The flour mixture is to give the sauce a little more to hold on to

Yes, it was inclusive of the flour.
I usually make up a big batch of the coating at one time and just take what I need.
The baking powder is what really helps with the crisping. The flour mixture is to give the sauce a little more to hold on to
Perfect! Can’t wait to try it out.
-PH

2 pound Turkey Meatloaf
When the wife worships it, you know you did good.
2024-08-15 16.55.45.jpg

Awesome stuff! Any chance you can share the recipe?
2lb Ground turkey (obviously...😁)
2 eggs, squirt of BBQ sauce, bread crumbs, Some very chunky salsa from Walmart (mix in as much as you think or want, no juice), and a good shake (maybe 2TBS heeping) of Louie's Italian Beef Au Jus Seasoning, and some good shakes of Mad Max Turkey seasoning from Dizzy Pig

2024-08-16 10.16.36.jpg

2024-08-16 10.16.07.jpg

Turkey Meatloaf burgers for lunch!!!
2024-08-16 12.21.48.jpg

Back