Rib Racks on a Pro 22

Hogan

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22 (factory cover, welder's blanket for winter cooks), Weber Genesis, lots of temp probes and various other gizmos, thingamajigs, and a beer cooler.
The small area of my Pro 22 grates limits me (according to the Traeger promo material) to 3 racks. Ditto to the 575 as it's the same size. Leftover from my Weber Bullet days, I have a couple of wire racks for holding the ribs vertically. Pulling a McGyver, I can fit two of these racks in my 22, thus allowing me to cook eight trimmed rib racks at a go. I haven't tried this yet, and wonder if anyone else has, or has any thoughts/warnings?

Last edited:
I started out with a small stick smoker, it looks like a tin egg. because of its shape I always used the rib racks. I sat them in a tinfoil flat pan to catch drippings and would add a liquid of choice to provide moisture during the cook. They worked well for me. The ones I used are coated with a non stick material and were dishwasher safe. My old Traeger Tex has plenty of grill space but I still lay the ribs on a rack in an aluminum pan with liquid for moisture and to catch drippings. It looks like you have all the important stuff, especially the beer cooler.

My 2 racks are plain SS. The Traeger Tex is longer that my Pro 22, not sure about the diameter.

Back