Pro 34 - controller reading 100 degrees higher than my own probe

I also mentioned it a few years ago. Part of the problem is that most people don't report their issues to Traeger. I had the opportunity to meet and speak with an exec. and I explained my frustrations with their probes. He indicated that temp readings from probes (meat and chamber) are less than 10% of the complaints they receive so therefore they don't consider it a problem or issue. I told him the problem is a lot higher than 10% of the units and that it is common knowledge so people don't bother to call in, they just buy aftermarket probes. He didn't agree with me but that's what he said. I guess if every person who had a Traeger with inaccurate probes will call in and complain it might get the attention it deserves.

I estimate that the percentage of grills with probe issues is something like 90+% based on feedback from this forum. I think the reason people do not report probe issues is that those people who call to report that the Traeger probe and other 3rd party probes do not agree, Traeger customer service tells them that they do not allow 3rd party probes. Thus, I suspect customer service is not entering such complaints in the database as valid complaints. Knowing that calling about a probe is likely to be futile, just increasing frustration with Traeger, they do not bother calling.

Back