New Traeger App for IOS released today

Timmy

BBQ FEAST MASTER #traegergameday Wins 2022/2024
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780, Bronson 20 , Char grill gasser, Char griller modified offset, Blackstone 3 burner griddle
Well Traeger released a new app for IOS today, android will follow later this week.

Kind reminds me of the meater app. I hope that it doesn’t have issues.

Well Traeger released a new app for IOS today, android will follow later this week.

I got the email about it 30 minutes ago. I will wait to update.

Is it just an update, or a whole different APP

Looking at the email, it looks to be a revamp. Layout and colors are different, looks to have the same features.
Probably integrated features for the new grill and whatever features it has
Screenshot_20220329-053410_Email.jpgScreenshot_20220329-053454_Email.jpg

For those with iPhone, there is a sticker package available, not available on Android
Screenshot_20220329-053644_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220329-054047_Samsung Internet.jpg

Us Android users will have to wait for the update to the app and the stickers

The update says “Support for new Timberline Grills”

Plural. So maybe a few new models??
Just guessing, there will be integration for the wireless meater probes.I think that will be the main change for the app and support for the new Timberline grills.
Hopefully they have more to offer than the built in shelves, side burner and wireless meater probes for the new grills.

Nothing exciting about it in my case. Looks like they may be adding social media features too, which I don't do except for these types of forums.

Android app has been released now as well

Sleep became "idle"???, I also had to rename my grill... no biggie
Or maybe IDLE is because my controller screen is on for some reason, waiting for me to do something

Sleep became "idle"???, I also had to rename my grill... no biggie
Or maybe IDLE is because my controller screen is on for some reason, waiting for me to do something

My grill is still “sleeping” with the new app. Which surprised me because I didn't know that I left it on!

Yeah, mine went back to "sleep" after I shut it off and back on....

To me it looks like they just added a bunch of recipes to push and start. Auto cook with this is the last thing you want to do. Just my experience and feed back from here.

Does the Meater Plus wireless probe now work with the Traeger app (not just the Meater app) when using the other wifi grills like the Timberline 850?

Back