New Traeger App for IOS released today

Does the Meater Plus wireless probe now work with the Traeger app (not just the Meater app) when using the other wifi grills like the Timberline 850?

According to Traeger live chat support, yes. But another user on this forum is saying that the only way to get them working with the new iOS app is to pair them with the new grill. No option to pair it in the app. I trust the users here more than I trust Traeger supports' answers. Hopefully they do eventually get this working with older WiFire grills.

According to Traeger live chat support, yes. But another user on this forum is saying that the only way to get them working with the new iOS app is to pair them with the new grill. No option to pair it in the app. I trust the users here more than I trust Traeger supports' answers. Hopefully they do eventually get this working with older WiFire grills.
That's not what Traeger support just told me...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 3.46.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 3.46.07 PM.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 55
Traeger Support clearly does not know how their own app works. Check out this chat session I had.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.25.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at 4.25.23 PM.png
    455.1 KB · Views: 77
Well Traeger released a new app for IOS today, android will follow later this week.

Kind reminds me of the meater app. I hope that it doesn’t have issues.
I just wish they'd add graphing to watch the cook over time. Big miss for me.

Traeger support is now telling me that the 'new' Meater Probes that come with the Timberline XL will not work with any other grill series when it comes to integration with the Traeger app.

Looking at the email, it looks to be a revamp. Layout and colors are different, looks to have the same features.
Probably integrated features for the new grill and whatever features it has
View attachment 8939View attachment 8940

For those with iPhone, there is a sticker package available, not available on Android
View attachment 8941
View attachment 8942

Us Android users will have to wait for the update to the app and the stickers
Oh boy, stickers!! Sounds like something to keep the millennials happy and occupied. LOL!!

My posting about the new app in another thread wasn't quite as appreciative as others in this thread.

Update: Here's the link to my comments regarding the upgraded app: https://www.traegerforum.com/threads/traeger-app-update-3-0-0.3629/

Last edited:
Oh boy, stickers!! Sounds like something to keep the millennials happy and occupied. LOL!!

My posting about the new app in another thread wasn't quite as appreciative as other in this thread.
You didn't mention stickers 😉🤣😂

Has been a non-issue for me, fortunately. I was not aware of the new app until I was grilling, and I was afraid of our experience at work: "A few more upgrades and we won't be able to work at all!". 😄

But so far the only issue was the first grilling with the new app, the app on my Apple Watch would not pair, but for the second grilling it has. Also, before when I had the (iOS) app open and the grill was running, my phone would not sleep. But now it does.

Anyone heard of issues with the Android app? I haven't upgraded yet but I'll be doing a pork butt soon and hate to have to resolve problems when the meat is ready to go.

Anyone heard of issues with the Android app? I haven't upgraded yet but I'll be doing a pork butt soon and hate to have to resolve problems when the meat is ready to go.
My app auto upgrade. One of the things I noticed yesterday which another poster mention was the 'sleep' or 'idle' part. This came up on me yesterday when I got the IW885 started and it was ready before I had my meat prepped. My routine has been to start it up at 165 until I am ready then set the temp. This time, the app had it as the grill as offline or in accessible (with new app), I when to check it and it was on idle/sleep. Once I set the temp, it came right back up.

I hope they move the damn remove grill tab...Ive erased mine several times.

Thats where my fireboard comes into playView attachment 9224
You would think a company with a grill app like the Traeger app would be able to put a graphing function in. If these thermometer suppliers like ink bird or fire board can……

How do you like the fireboard? Does it keep the graph even if you lose connection during the cook?

You would think a company with a grill app like the Traeger app would be able to put a graphing function in. If these thermometer suppliers like ink bird or fire board can……

How do you like the fireboard? Does it keep the graph even if you lose connection during the cook?
Which is odd since Traeger bought Meater and now uses Meater for the new XL grill and the original Meater app provides a graph. They probably will eventually. First priority was to build a grill with a cheap induction burner and charge everyone 35% more than the grill is really worth.

Back