New Costco Silverton 810 - $1299

Yep, they helped me load it in the Jeep and I brought it home. Took all I had to unload the box at home. It’s heavy. Will un-box and setup in the next two days...will post pics
Yeah, it’s stupid how heavy that thing is! What’s your first cook going to be?

Does anyone know what drip tray liners the Silverton 810 uses? Traeger lists one for the Silverton but I think they're for the 620.
I just buy the heavy duty roll of foil from Costco. Its extra thick and its perfect size to cover edge to edge. I put a small strip in the V shaped drip tray at the edge as well.

OK, looks nice, and the fact that it has the Timberline controller is a plus. But if the rep told you it's equivalent to a Timberllne, he's out of his tree. 1) two racks, not three, and not stainless. 2) rectangular configuration, with chopped off front, might give you problems with large items, e.g. a turkey. 3) Wifire is still a disaster, but it is with all their grills. 4) Double insulation throughout really helps keep the heat in, if you live in cold climates, especially. Traeger is "out of stock" on the Timberline 1300. I asked the company rep if that is to fix the w-fi issues before bringing it back, but he was somewhat vague. I have a "Gen 1" Timberline 1300 (AC, not DC guts) and have loved it for 3 years. And up until they "updated" the wi-fi settings that worked well too. Now after a new controller, and HOURS on the phone with customer service, it works most of the time. Problem seems to be a very short range and the need to hook up to only a 2.4 GHz router. If you continue to have problems and your wi-fi settings show a signal strength of less than -45, get a wifi extender and put it 10 feet from the grill.

$1,299 in the store.
for $49, I'd rather have Costo.com deliver. One advantage of ordering from Costo.com is that if you need to return it, they will come an pick it up. If you purchase in store, you have to return it to the store. I just ordered the Silverton 810 from Costco.com. My old (and second) Lousiana Grill (from Costco.com) is going back after multiple issues with it!

$699 for the 620 and $1,299 for the 810. Is super smoke, pellet sensor, and the additional size really worth $600? Are there other features I'm missing?

I'm heading to the roadshow at the local Costco this weekend and trying to decide what one to buy. Seems like the 620 gives most of the features at a much better price point.

Thoughts?
I bought the 810 and love it, but the 620 should be plenty long for a few racks of ribs or a 14-lb brisket. The super smoke and other features are nice, but if I were to do it again, I'd likely opt for the 620 and save the $600.

I bought the 810 and love it, but the 620 should be plenty long for a few racks of ribs or a 14-lb brisket. The super smoke and other features are nice, but if I were to do it again, I'd likely opt for the 620 and save the $600.
And I’d definitely pick up the 810 again. Lol

I have been thinking about purchasing the Ironwood 885, worrying about the cost, wifi and lid issues. So based on recent threads about the Costco Silverton 620 which is a Pro 575 knockoff, I thought I would find a Costco Traeger roadshow and take a look. So what did I find? A Silverton 810, same size as the Ironwood 885 except slightly smaller top shelf. Looks exactly the same as the Silverton 620 with the front and side shelf, except larger. The rep said it is the first one he has seen. He was expecting the Silverton 620 to sell. It has the Ironwood / Timberline D2 controller, 500 degrees and Super Smoke, wifire, D2 direct drive, downdraft exhaust, built in cabinet and pellet sensor. Plus, it has double stainless insulation in the pan and on the lid bottom edge (but not on the sides?). The Traeger rep said it is the equivalent to the Timberline, and comes with a free cover, cookbooks, spices, drip pan liners and pellets. I asked the rep about wifi issues, and he said this is a new 3rd generation wifire without the connection issues (not sure if I buy that statement). So, it looks like I may purchase at Costco for the price. Thoughts???

Did you have any issues connecting to the Wi-Fi? I can't get my 810 connected at all. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying this expensive paper weight.

Did you have any issues connecting to the Wi-Fi? I can't get my 810 connected at all. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying this expensive paper weight.

Have you had any luck connecting yet? I am so frustrated and I work in cybersecurity for a living if that tells you anything! So angry with this so far.

I took the plunge after talking to my brother in San Antonio, he said you can’t go wrong with Traeger. (He is also the family Pitmaster). So I went to Costco and picked up the 810 for $1299, I probably could have gotten the 620 but our Costco was out of them and the Rep said that there would be an additional charge of $100 to special order a 620, so that made the math simpler the 810 was only 200 more than the 620 once you add in all the stuff that comes with the 810 (and an add on on the 620). The Rep who seemed to be able to go into great detail on the pros and cons of the 4 different models that were available from Costco Certainly knew his stuff. Not only did I get all the stuff in the box they threw in 3 jars of chicken rub , the cover (being shipped) And a bag of Hickory Pellets.
I had 3 Costco guys help me get in the truck, but it came out no problem. I took less than 1 hr to put it together. I had some issues with the WiFire connecting ( I am using a google mesh net.). However after about 20 min it started updating the software. Seasoned the grill last night and bought a 12 lb brisket from Costco. I am looking forward to my first smoke....

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back