igniter disconnect

jimtsmith

Reaction score
Grill
575 pro series
i bought my Traeger 575 and had problems getting ti to ignite. It turns out the hot rod was heating about an inch from the tip. if i waited about 45 minutes it would eventually light. I had already called Traeger about an error with the power and it took 2 months to get a new power cord. So i decided to just pick up a new hot rod online. I received the new hot rod and the connector did not fit my grill. And when i look at all of the replacement hot rods sold on Amazon, they all have the same connect. i attempted to butt splice the old connector onto the new hot rod, and received an Igniter Disconnect error. I re-terminated the connection and received the same error. i guess i will call Customer support, but i wondering if the mismatched connectors are a common problem.

i bought my Traeger 575 and had problems getting ti to ignite. It turns out the hot rod was heating about an inch from the tip. if i waited about 45 minutes it would eventually light. I had already called Traeger about an error with the power and it took 2 months to get a new power cord. So i decided to just pick up a new hot rod online. I received the new hot rod and the connector did not fit my grill. And when i look at all of the replacement hot rods sold on Amazon, they all have the same connect. i attempted to butt splice the old connector onto the new hot rod, and received an Igniter Disconnect error. I re-terminated the connection and received the same error. i guess i will call Customer support, but i wondering if the mismatched connectors are a common problem.

I had the same issues you are having. I bought an aftermarket igniter with the wrong connector also.
After many, many emails, photos and videos I finally got a new igniter and pot package from the home office.

I swear they never looked at any of my emails or photos because they kept asking for information that I had already provided.

I now have WiFi connection problems.

Terry

Back