Had help moving 575, now door does not close completely

Kevin Topping

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
A couple weeks ago, I was cleaning my 575. There was a good bit of water in it which I was preparing to sponge out. Unfortunately, a "helper" thought it would be easier to tip the unit and let the water run out. Of course, when he was losing control of it, he grabbed the handle to right it. And, you guessed it, the door curvature does not quite align with the barrel. There is a gap in the bottom right corner of 1/4" inch or so. The gap continues up the side and narrows as it rises, I have tried shimming the hinges to no avail. I have been covering the door with a couple old towels since. This is fine for now in cold weather but spring is approaching and it will look tacky. Will this really matter in the 575 performance if it is open? Has anyone met this challenge? I am thinking spring locks as it will align perfectly with a little pressure. Also, would it hurt to drill a drain hole in the bottom. It sure would make cleaning easier.

Thanks

Have you tried twisting the lid back?

This seems to be used often here. I have it on my 780 and it works well.
Lavalock, I was thinking the same thing.

Only problem I see with drilling a hole would be grease and ash splatter.

I will try the Lava Lock . That looks promising. I will order some tomorrow. I tried twisting it back a little. I think it will take a lot of uncontrolled force and could easily make things worse without a jig a torch and repainting.
I think i will not drill any holes. It was simply convenience. I don't think ash and grease wil be an issued. But to allow a draining of useful size I would need a 3/8" or larger hole and a drain valve. Too much work and too much of a change for too little a payoff.
Thanks guys

close the door on a broom stick handle pushing down in several places till you see the improvement, then get the gasket for sure

you can make sure it's the door by measuring with the door open the distance from top to bottom on the left then the right

Also, TAKE THAT BEER away from your friend!!! Friends should not DRINK and TRAEGER

close the door on a broom stick handle pushing down in several places till you see the improvement, then get the gasket for sure

you can make sure it's the door by measuring with the door open the distance from top to bottom on the left then the right

Also, TAKE THAT BEER away from your friend!!! Friends should not DRINK and TRAEGER
I “drank and Traegered” last night! :)

Lavalock, I was thinking the same thing.

Only problem I see with drilling a hole would be grease and ash splatter.
I wouldn’t drill any holes... The pressure from the fan will blow smoke out any hole you drill.

Hadn't thought of that. I would need a plug and all that hassle. I will just clean it proper.
Thanks
I’m actually kind of curious how water got inside of it. Did you hose it down? If that is the case, probably not a good idea, because of the electronics..Water hose could force water where you don’t want it.

I’m actually kind of curious how water got inside of it. Did you hose it down? If that is the case, probably not a good idea, because of the electronics..Water hose could force water where you don’t want it.
Good Q

Latest Discussions

Back