Had help moving 575, now door does not close completely

So the truth comes out, he had a pitcher on the hopper lid and knocked it over!!!
Yeah, water, my @$$
rofpound.gif

You guys are great fun. and a great help too. I measured carefully and removed the door and pondered the situation. Then I had a nice big glass of..... Southern Sweet Tea. Then, when I was putting it back on (I didn't want to warp it any as the difference corner to corner was less than 1/8"), I noticed the door felt springy on the right side where the gap was. So, a little more sleuthing later, I saw the bracket that prevents the door from falling all the way back was hitting the inside top of the barrel. I saw some shiny marks where everything else had some ash and smoke residue. So I bent the bracket a little so it did not hit the top and everything is in alignment again. I celebrated with a couple of glasses of good Chianti

I am still putting on some gasket material when it comes. Now I noticed white Thermapen Mk4 is on sale at 30% off. ($69) through Jeff Phillips@ Smoking-Meat.com . That should help my inconsistent cooks lately. I have a Weber instant read which generally agrees with the Traeger meat probe but I don't think it is linear. I really am suspicious of the chamber temperature. I am just not sure the best way to verify that. I used to have access to the sort of instruments I need but COVID ended that and I am now retired. That is mostly good. Now I have gained a few pounds because I now smoke and grill a lot and it tastes really good.

So I bent the bracket a little so it did not hit the top and everything is in alignment again. I celebrated with a couple of glasses of good Chianti

OH wow, i didn't know it was even possible for that bracket to run into anything, hmmmm good find I guess.
Glad ya didn't start bending the door but you're right, that measurement would have been more than 1/8 if that door had a REAL warp to it... That's why that was the first thing I thought of.

I was overzealous in rinsing after I cleaned it. The beer was the cause but it was only used as a personal flavor enhancer and not used to bless the smoker :LOL:
If that what you're going with....Ooookkkkk 🤣

You guys are great fun. and a great help too. I measured carefully and removed the door and pondered the situation. Then I had a nice big glass of..... Southern Sweet Tea. Then, when I was putting it back on (I didn't want to warp it any as the difference corner to corner was less than 1/8"), I noticed the door felt springy on the right side where the gap was. So, a little more sleuthing later, I saw the bracket that prevents the door from falling all the way back was hitting the inside top of the barrel. I saw some shiny marks where everything else had some ash and smoke residue. So I bent the bracket a little so it did not hit the top and everything is in alignment again. I celebrated with a couple of glasses of good Chianti

I am still putting on some gasket material when it comes. Now I noticed white Thermapen Mk4 is on sale at 30% off. ($69) through Jeff Phillips@ Smoking-Meat.com . That should help my inconsistent cooks lately. I have a Weber instant read which generally agrees with the Traeger meat probe but I don't think it is linear. I really am suspicious of the chamber temperature. I am just not sure the best way to verify that. I used to have access to the sort of instruments I need but COVID ended that and I am now retired. That is mostly good. Now I have gained a few pounds because I now smoke and grill a lot and it tastes really good.
Glad you got it fixed and it wasn't to difficult. The gasket is a win, I can't believe how much smoke it stopped after I put it on both my Traegers.

Latest Discussions

Back