Help! Grill is running to hot

So, I am using my Traeger for the second time. I set it to 180. It has climbed to 193. I dropped it to 165. It is still at 191. How do you manage the temp on a hot day?

Thanks!
Anthony
If it only over shot by 13 degrees that’s not bad, my 780 overshoots by 10 to 50 degrees. Then stabilize to set temp. But set temp is about 15f lower than my FireBoard.

so it requires 15 min warm up and then 30 to settle in...wowzers. That seems like a long time.

so it requires 15 min warm up and then 30 to settle in...wowzers. That seems like a long time.
I start cookin after the warm up, then adjust to get it where I want it and the stabilization.

You can start cookin earlier in the sequence but it takes a while to get a stable temperature also consider that I am on a T1300 so the larger grill with more mass, may take more time to stabilize...

I start cookin after the warm up, then adjust to get it where I want it and the stabilization.
I throw my meat in during warm up, once I know it's climbing. What's it gonna hurt, the meat don't know the difference.

I never wait for the "preheat" in my oven either...

I throw my meat in during warm up, once I know it's climbing. What's it gonna hurt, the meat don't know the difference.

Same here... It also gives me a chance to get everything arranged the way I want it, and the probes inserted without having a huge cool down (which stops my SuperSmoke)...

I do preheat when baking in the kitchen oven though.. Screws up my cornbread if I don’t. We make bread almost daily

I do preheat when baking in the kitchen oven though.. Screws up my cornbread if I don’t. We make bread almost daily
OKAY OKAY, I'll give you that one... ;)

You can start cookin earlier in the sequence but it takes a while to get a stable temperature also consider that I am on a T1300 so the larger grill with more mass, may take more time to stabilize...
Thanks!

Since my grill was screwed up in the beginning, this is just the routine I’ve gotten myself into.

Back