For those who use a smoke box

Anywhere the meat is not, and not next to your RTD probe

It don't matter, if you have a good smoky mix in it, it fills the grill anyway

I tried that set near the back and nothing burned. Moved it to the side same...nothing. pettlets are fine. How can it burn at 225?

It not burning means you didn't start it hot enough... what do you have??

Sorry, my bad, are trying to use a smoke BOX for a weber grill???

That won't work, your need a smoke tube, $20 on Amazon

And YES, torch

Sorry on Traeger

Yes, I know, smoke BOXes won't work.
They need way too high temps to burn, like in a weber.
You need a smoke tube for a Traeger, or a smoke maze

I shouldn't use the term box. I do have a square tube..guess torch it and put in somewhere.I assume it will continue to burn

I do have a square tube..guess torch it and put in somewhere.I assume it will continue to burn
yes, get it going good first

@Slimpicker, out of curiosity, what type of wood did you use to prop up your tube?

and why do you prop it up? I’m assuming that’s my issue with keeping mine smoking. I lay mine down flat on top of a little sheet of alum. foil (to keep the ash from flying around.

*Pitboss pellets / [Costco] Texas Elite 34.

@Slimpicker, out of curiosity, what type of wood did you use to prop up your tube?

and why do you prop it up? I’m assuming that’s my issue with keeping mine smoking. I lay mine down flat on top of a little sheet of alum. foil (to keep the ash from flying around.

Only used one time so far. Filled mine to the opening. Lit with a torch. Then lay flat on grate middle back side.

That's just a wood chunk used in my offset smokers... my Tubes actually came with hangers, but when I don't have my top shelf the wood chunk is used to keep the tube at an angle and burns better IMO. Also, a full tube won't spill pellets out when laying flat!!

That makes sense. I’m going to play around with my smoke tube with my new Silverton 620 this weekend…

Do you have any issues with residual ash from the smoke tube falling on your meat?

Since this grill has a top shelf (unlike my previous Texas Elite 34), should I place my smoke tube on the shelf or down on the grate?

That makes sense. I’m going to play around with my smoke tube with my new Silverton 620 this weekend…

Do you have any issues with residual ash from the smoke tube falling on your meat?

Since this grill has a top shelf (unlike my previous Texas Elite 34), should I place my smoke tube on the shelf or down on the grate?

I don't put mine over the meat, but over and off to the side is ok... the ash is minimal

Level with the meat if you have the room, but NOT too close to the RTD

Back