Costco Century 885

morgin

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Century 885
Hey all!

Wanted to get some feedback on the Century 885 currently on sale at Costco. I picked one up sort of on a whim as they only had one left in stock. I’d done enough reading to know I was getting something single walled with some compromises to hit the Costco price point, and that was fine. However, looking at the box, it mentions two things that I thought weren’t included with the Century 885 - supersmoke and downdraft exhaust. Anyone know why they are listed? It’s clearly got a chimney exhaust? Is supersmoke a firmware thing they added to the controller for 885’s or still limited to the ironwood and up models?

I note the model number is different from what’s listed on the website - TFB88GLIC (this one) vs TFB88GLF (website) so not sure if it’s an exact feature match.

9093C08E-D404-486F-8834-F4893F1F2E3F.jpeg

Maybe your model number is referencing the Canadian part number for that item.
The controller description states super smoke
Not sure on chimney or downdraft question.
Screenshot_20240509_152931_Google.jpg

I got my century 885 from Costco as a demo unit, no box.
I have not been able to find Super smoke and it definitely has a smoke stack.
If you figure out the super smoke please let me know, I am using a smoke tube when I want more smoke.
I went from a Texas elite to the 885, some learning curve, I do like the 885!!

The replacement part for the D2 controller for that grill mentions Super Smoke in the description, but the picture shown doesn't indicate super smoke is available on it.
Weird the box is showing downdraft and supersmoke. Maybe mislabeled at the factory?

It looks like it has "Super Smoke" on the controller in the picture on the box. The TFB88GLF definitely doesn't have it Century 885 user manual. Does it have it on your unit? I currently own an Ironwood 650 and am waiting for a Costco roadshow to show up at my local Costco to upgrade to the new Silverton XL Silverton XL Support Guide. I think it goes for around $2300 Cdn

Back