Considering Sous Vide - Expert Recommendations Requested

WOW! The price of the Anova at Best Buy is twice the price of the Inkbird unit I own. What are you getting for that extra money?. You can purchase a lot of meat for the added $100. Just sayin'!

Not saying it is worth the additional cost - Just pointing out some facts.

That "Pro" Model is rated for 26 Quarts.

Unless you cook in 26 quarts all of the time, the latest V.3.0 ($129.99) would suit most people.
Even Anova states that if you are cooking in something well insulated like an ice chest, their models rated for less quarts would perform just as well in 26 quarts of water or even more.

All of the reviews rank the Breville Joule (even more expensive) 1st & the Anova 2nd in quality & precision (in holding the temp where you set it).

Not yet sure if I am buying anything at all, but I do plan on also .looking at the Inkbird

If your intention is to use the sous vide for large containers (up to 50 liters) then a 1200 watt unit might be needed. For most of us, 1000 watts or even less should suffice. The expensive units usually have more than 1000 watts.

I have probably used my Inkbird for close to 200 cooks with no issues. If it were to die, I would replace it with the same unit. Just take it apart for cleaning every few cooks. It is quick and easy.

Based on recommendations from some others on this forum, I purchased one from Inkbird. I got model ISV-200 with 1000 watts. I absolutely love it.

Although I use it for cooking, my primary use is reheating frozen leftovers. I cook large portions on the Traeger and freeze the extras. Vacuum sealed packages can go directly from the freezer to sous vide. I love it that I can cook a steak to my desired doneness on the Traeger, freeze it and reheat it to the same final temp using Sous Vide without overcooking it. It will take 60-90 minutes extra if the food is frozen.

My only regret with the Inkbird is that I did not purchase one sooner.
Inkbird makes a great product. I have a Inkbird controller I use it on my XL Green Egg. It holds the temperature steady for long overnight cooks without a hitch. I’ve tried the top brand expensive controllers and it’s better than them and easier to use too.

Back