Brisket help

From what I’ve read my brisket has stalled at 155 . I let it continue to cook for about an hour than took out wrapped in butcher paper and still at 155. Any tips to get it going
Not All meat has a stall but this one does. I would have it at 275. Until it breaks the stall point and then keep it there unless you are doing burnt ends. If doing burnt ends unrap and bump it to 375 or 400 let me know how it goes.

you can leave it at 250° and wait, don't open the grill or take the meat out again... when you remove meat "during" the stall you just made the wait longer...

Don't touch nothing till that meat is 200° IT
"If you are looking , you ain't Cooking" Arron Franklin

Sounds like you got it through the stall. Hope it tasted delicious!
I've done 4 or 5 briskets now and it seems that an hour /lb is a pretty good estimate. That stall is scary though when you're trying to have it ready for dinner! haha

Here is my method. The only thing of note is that the bark ends up relatively soft. A lot of the time you can't cut it into slices because it just falls apart. For me that is an acceptable trade-off because it is super moist and tasty. For me this is my favorite smoker food, and might just be my favorite food in general!

1. Cook at 185 until the internal temp reaches 165.
  2. Wrap in brown butcher paper, cook at 225 until the internal temp reaches 205. This is where we may adjust temperature for timing purposes.
  3. Place in cooler wrapped in towels for a minimum of 2 hours. We target 4 hours. You don't have to worry about it getting cold. We've gone 7 hours in the cooler and it was still too hot to touch.

So, rough timing for a 6pm dinner - Put it on at 10:30pm the night before. That will usually have it coming off and wrapping it between 5-7am. We then watch the progress between 10am-noon, knowing it is/will be stalling and we are targeting taking it off at 2pm. If it seems temps are rising overly slow we kick it up to 275. After a number of them you will get a sense for timing and temps.

PS...Ditch the Traeger temperature probe. You will find countless posts on here noting it's junk, as was my experience. Buy something that is accurate.

From what I’ve read my brisket has stalled at 155 . I let it continue to cook for about an hour than took out wrapped in butcher paper and still at 155. Any tips to get it going
Well how did it turn out?

Back