Anyone tried smoked burgers?

I haven't done this exactly and probably wouldn't. To me, it would lack the sear crunch and the flavor from the sear. I would probably probe a burger patty so it is cooked to your desired doneness with smoke as per their instructions and then do a finishing sear on grillgrates or a cast iron pan.
I have done burgers on my Traeger like this and finished on my gas grill and grillgrates

I've done burgers a few times since owning the traeger. I put them on at 180 for a half hour to aquire some smoke then crank the heat up to 400 to finish. They've turned out great each time with plenty of smokey flavor.

Like actually low and slow from the below recipe? If so, how'd it turn out?

I've done smoked burgers several times at the lower temps. I put them on my Grill Grates and those do a great job of imparting the sear lines on the burgers. They do indeed come out very moist, but if you are more into a full crunchy outside, a full sear at a higher temp on the Traeger or a cast iron skillet will do the trick.

I've still got my Weber Genesis and it's still going to get used. I'm thinking maybe I'll just get it super hot and hit it as they approach my doneness preference. Maybe that'll do it. Thanks guys!!

Just did smoked burgers a couple nights ago. They were really good. I'd go so far as to say the best burger ever.

220 for 30 minutes, 400 for 10 minutes, flip 'em at 5 minutes.

I do burgers on mine all the time, use a good seasoning, and 250° till done, wife loves them and I don't sear.

I'm doing burgers right now, smoke tube and 225° till the wife gets home from work, then I'll bump it up if needed .

20210606_130508.jpg

Salsa and cheese capped

20210606_135657.jpg

20210606_135720.jpg

CMtigers
no, I C M ducks
M R NOT
M R 2, cm wangs

20210606_140231.jpg

20210606_143019.jpg

I think Williams is pretty common at most grocery stores, at least in Texas and probably in the US
Worth checking to see if you can get it there

Back