Anyone tried smoked burgers?

Meat Church's HOLY COW is one of my favorite burger rubs. Goes great with smoked stuffed burgers - cheese, bacon, jalapeños, etc. I usually make mine in 1/3 to 1/2 pound patties w/ brioche buns. Super smoke (200 or so) for about 30 mins and then finish them on the Weber. About 45 seconds per side at the highest temp. Poke a dimple in the middle of the burger if you find they aren't cooking all the way through.

My brother just picked up a Blackstone and has been finishing his steaks and burgers on that.

Made them 2 days ago. 50/50 Wagyu & 80/20. Crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, Traeger 'que. Mix. Preheat to 325°f. Form burgers. Place on grill 15 minutes, flip 15 minutes. On brioche, with onion slice, habanero sweet pickles.

I've done burgers a few times since owning the traeger. I put them on at 180 for a half hour to aquire some smoke then crank the heat up to 400 to finish. They've turned out great each time with plenty of smokey flavor.
Same cooking process turn to 400 and put burgers on GrillGrates
beautiful sear
marks

Since getting my Traeger I'll only cook smoked burgers. That's right, I'm a burger snob. I'll say it.

Tonight, for example, I'll smoke a batch at 225 for 30-40 minutes. After that I'll either a) put them on the propane grill, or b) remove them, and return them to to the smoker when it reaches 450.

Best of both world: smokey and little bit of "grill crunchy."

Since getting my Traeger I'll only cook smoked burgers. That's right, I'm a burger snob. I'll say it.

Tonight, for example, I'll smoke a batch at 225 for 30-40 minutes. After that I'll either a) put them on the propane grill, or b) remove them, and return them to to the smoker when it reaches 450.

Best of both world: smoky and little bit of "grill crunchy."
My plan is to smoke a bunch of patties and keep them in the fridge so when I want one I can just pan sear it and have easy smoky burgers.

Back