Yup, I'm an idiot.

Murphy's Law

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780 Bronze
Me, not once but two days in a row...

Routine:
Unplug the grill from the extension cord and plug in my ash vacuum. Finish cleaning ash, unplug vacuum and put it back on the shelf.
Continue cleaning process and once done, try setting my temperature but the grill won't turn on.
Cuss at grill and say, "all these people saying Traeger sucks must be right!"

Then realizing I didn't plug the grill back in after vacuuming.

Yup. Two days in a row! :D

At this point I am wondering how I basically manage to dress myself in the morning!!

You have good company. Let me list my disasters:

* Forgot to hang the grease bucket before starting.
* The hot rod came loose while cleaning the firepot, had to figure out how to reconnect it.
* Smoke tube started burning out of control
* Power cord came loose and fell off.
* and more embarrassing incidents than I care to remember.

Since I can still dress myself in the morning this must all be Traeger's fault. What a piece of junk!

I don't need examples, I'm just an idiot, PERIOD

(my wife thinks I'm a hero, I got her fooled, that's all that counts)

Unfortunately, Traeger designed my Ironwood with the power cord inserted into the bottom of the hopper. If anything tugs on that cord, it can tend to back out of the socket. I have had a couple of time when I tried to turn on the grill and got no response. I began to panic, but then remembered to check to make sure the power cord is plugged in....nervous breakdown averted.

Me, not once but two days in a row...

Routine:
Unplug the grill from the extension cord and plug in my ash vacuum. Finish cleaning ash, unplug vacuum and put it back on the shelf.
Continue cleaning process and once done, try setting my temperature but the grill won't turn on.
Cuss at grill and say, "all these people saying Traeger sucks must be right!"

Then realizing I didn't plug the grill back in after vacuuming.

Yup. Two days in a row! :D

At this point I am wondering how I basically manage to dress myself in the morning!!
Sounds like me when I was first setting my grill up. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't turn on. lol

This is a salad for 4, sittin on the floor. I told ya I belong here.

20220907_171504.jpg

@Slimpicker - is that recent?!

Last year my wife was making Mac and cheese and last min decided she wanted me to put it on the grill. It was in a glass baking dish.

As I was walking down the steps to the patio I thought to myself, “I shouldn’t have glass down here”

Man, glass and macaroni noodles went everywhere when I dropped it!

From them I have always used the disposable foil baking pans.

Unfortunately, Traeger designed my Ironwood with the power cord inserted into the bottom of the hopper. If anything tugs on that cord, it can tend to back out of the socket. I have had a couple of time when I tried to turn on the grill and got no response. I began to panic, but then remembered to check to make sure the power cord is plugged in....nervous breakdown averted.
A major pain to be sure but I'm sure they did it to get the IP23 rating.

@Slimpicker - is that recent?!
Just tonight, my whole day's been like this, you ever seen 3 outta 5 brand new gal cans of paint leak out the BOTTOM!!!!
All over my new seat covers and my fake Weathertech floor liners.
aargh4.gif
cussingwhite.gif

Better get in bed and pull the covers over your head until tomorrow.😫
Damn best advice yet!!! I just hope the demons takes the day off tomorrow or I'm gonna lose my :poop:

Had the power cord back out on my Timberline 850 too. Worrying times for a few minutes.

Back