Why no option to prime Auger when grill is hot?

Nozkcb

Reaction score
Grill
Silverton
I have a Silverton, and in addition to what many others have noted the meat probe is not accurate or consistent and I'm definitely looking for a better, more accurate, multi-probe option.

Suggestions please

That said, my biggest question about the unit itself is why is it that you can prime the auger before you're using it, but if you forget to fill the hopper and halfway through your smoke/cook you run out of pellets, it is necessary to power the thing down entirely to then prime it to function again? That is a 20-minute detour in the cooking that should be avoidable.

Obviously the auger is working while it's at operating temperature, so why is it you can't prime it once it's already at temperature in cases when your hopper runs empty?

Maybe to avoid the ability to overfill the fire pot? I get what you're getting at, but how often do you run out of pellets during a cook? Just wondering how prevalent it is and therefore how much time Traeger would want to spend on the issue. I've only been using a Traeger for about 6 months and haven't come close to running out, but it has only been 6 months and I don't pretend to know everything. Just curious.

Back