What's your 'go-to' instant read Thermometer???

Slimpicker

⚒️ MODERATOR
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575 Bronze► OKJoe's Longhorn Combo► WeberQ Gasser ►Weber kettle► UDS ► Inkbird Sous Vide
my Thermopro is getting shipped back... POS
If I have to spend $99 on the Thermoworks one I will, but there has to be success stories out there of other brands??

Thermapen - Hands down. I have a MK4, but I also have two old gray Thermapens that are 16 years old and still going strong! Super fast!

Agreed ... have an Mk4 and a Pop ... use both regularly ... waiting on a sale to pick up a Dot (or BlueDot) while I continue to waffle on Signals vs Fireboard 2 ...

OKAY OKAY, mine is bought. Mk4
Thanks guys

Im thinkin when i get a few extra bucks, im gonna get one also.

My MK4 has an issue, the display works and sometimes it doesn’t. I have purchased other products from them and they don’t work very well. I know I’m an anomaly but I was hoping for better.

My MK4 has an issue, the display works and sometimes it doesn’t. I have purchased other products from them and they don’t work very well. I know I’m an anomaly but I was hoping for better.
You're are the first I have heard to have a problem.

One thing I do with ALL battery devices that I own, use ONLY Lithium AA or AAA batteries! They are the only batteries that NEVER leak. You can safety use them until they are dead.

My Mk4 is several years old and still works perfectly, on the same set of lithiums!

I know, I bought it due to reputation. I had an older model. Which still works. No leaking battery. I have changed battery several times thinking I may have put battery in wrong. It works sometimes and other times, the display goes out. I shake it and sometimes it works. Other times, it will go out or won’t come back on. Usually when I need it most, lol. I just hate to spring for a new one and it’s out of warranty. I’m sure I just have the luck of a bad one. Thanks for your response.

ThermoWorks makes good stuff, but it's pricey. Sign up for their e-mail list if you're thinking about buying. They run promos all the time. I have an MK4 and a ThermoPop. Love them both.

ThermoWorks has a sale going on today only for the BlueDOT @ 20% off ... https://www.thermoworks.com/BlueDOT ... also picked up a High Temp Spatula (35% off with purchase of BlueDOT) and a 9"x12" Trivet for 35% off ...

Thermoworks has a sale on the gray Thermapen for today only for 25% off.

:(:(:( that's the one I just bought only days ago

Back