What happens in factory, stays in factory

I went thru 3 traegers that were damaged in shipping before I got a good one. They did work with me and have me an upgraded model but it took a couple months.

I had similar damage on my 575, purchased online and delivered from Home Depot a couple of years ago. I noticed similar shifting of the pellet/control box during unboxing and, in my excitement of having my first Traeger, I similarly thought about keeping it. Then, I couldn't insert one of the legs into its receiver without some serious "re-adjustment" of the metal skirt. But, I work as a Quality Assurance manager, so my principles kicked in. Why would I spend all of that money and accept a defective product? HD wasn't helpful to get me a replacement, so I called Traeger's customer service and they were great. I showed them all of the damage to the unit and packaging via online video conference. They shipped me a replacement which I received a few weeks later. All I had to do was disassemble and repack the original unit in the replacement's packaging and called them - they had someone come and take it away. A little inconvenience and short delay, but I'm happy with the results. BTW - it only took me 2 beers to assemble the replacement!

Don't compromise - call Traeger and get a replacement.

I did contact the online reseller (tanguay.ca) and I was told the 48-hours delay to declare any "aesthetic damage" was expired. I received it on monday but didn't have time to unbox until saturday. I would ask for a new hopper since it's the only thing visibly broken. I'll try with Treager if the reseller is not helping.

I did contact the online reseller (tanguay.ca) and I was told the 48-hours delay to declare any "aesthetic damage" was expired. I received it on monday but didn't have time to unbox until saturday. I would ask for a new hopper since it's the only thing visibly broken. I'll try with Treager if the reseller is not helping.

What BS. Did he inform you of that when you bought it? Go with Traeger and folks should know that tanguay.ca is NOT someone to patronize.

2nd traeger damaged it was my replacement. 1st I built still has bad damage om the frame. 2nd one showed up today fed ex damaged it. Called traeger maybe 3rd time the charm
20220420_161008.jpg

So I baught mine pre-assembled and from day 1 I've had grease leaking from the bottom of the lid. I have used it 6 times, leaks every time. Called treager 3 times and was ultimately told I need to level the grille every time I roll it out of my garage and cook on my new patio. It would have been nice if I was told I had to do this every time I used it. I never would have purchased it if I had known this problem. Anyone have or had this problem???

So I baught mine pre-assembled and from day 1 I've had grease leaking from the bottom of the lid. I have used it 6 times, leaks every time. Called treager 3 times and was ultimately told I need to level the grille every time I roll it out of my garage and cook on my new patio. It would have been nice if I was told I had to do this every time I used it. I never would have purchased it if I had known this problem. Anyone have or had this problem???
Gravity feed systems need a fairly level surface to work well. My grill sits on an area that slopes some to keep rain away from the house so I roll the grill around to eyeball a good spot and then check with a level front to back and side to side.

Good news! The reseller accepted to replace my 575 with a new one they have in stock.
I just caught up on this thread. I am glad to hear that you didn't give up and are getting it replaced. It's unacceptable to receive a damage product and not getting it replaced asap. You definitely want to avoid future issues with the damage product which then creates dismay for the actual company. I hope the new one is delivered as expected.

Gravity feed systems need a fairly level surface to work well. My grill sits on an area that slopes some to keep rain away from the house so I roll the grill around to eyeball a good spot and then check with a level front to back and side to side.
I just have grease coming out from lid bottom. So I leveled it and waiting for a nice day to cook some ribs

Latest Discussions

Back