What happens in factory, stays in factory

maximegosselin

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I know the instructions say to grab a 6-pack of beer while unboxing our brand new Treager. I guess folks working in the Traeger factory also follow these instructions while assembling them!

Come on...... I bought this 575 to replace my old barbecue that fell down off the deck.

Attachments

• PXL_20220414_175353500.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220414_175353500.MP.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 415
  • PXL_20220414_175336970.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220414_175336970.MP.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 293
  • PXL_20220414_175329245.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220414_175329245.MP.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 291
Call Traeger customer service, or take it back to where you purchased it and get another one.

Dude, that thing fell off the forklift. Gimme a break

And the box was perfect?
Yes the box was looking good. No trace of violence. It's like the hopper was forced to fit in.

I finished the assembly today and also realized a problem with the top grate which doesn't fit in the support holes. See picture. There are also lots of scratches inside.

Tomorrow will be priming time. Hope everything will work...

Attachments

• PXL_20220415_170537852.jpg
    PXL_20220415_170537852.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 63
Why don’t you just take it back or contact Traeger before going further?

Yes the box was looking good. No trace of violence. It's like the hopper was forced to fit in.

I finished the assembly today and also realized a problem with the top grate which doesn't fit in the support holes. See picture. There are also lots of scratches inside.

Tomorrow will be priming time. Hope everything will work...

I hope you got a massive discount for keeping it.

How in the world can your auger work with the whole hopper bent down like that... common, you are not keeping that are you???

1650121286145.png

I know the instructions say to grab a 6-pack of beer while unboxing our brand new Treager. I guess folks working in the Traeger factory also follow these instructions while assembling them!

Come on...... I bought this 575 to replace my old barbecue that fell down off the deck.
With that much damage to that particular area, does the auger still run smoothly?

I bought this 575 to replace my old barbecue that fell down off the deck.
Or do you mean your 575 fell off the deck??
Dude you are NOT keeping that if that's the way it came to you.

I did the initial firing during a cold (40F) and windy morning this weekend and everything went all good. The auger runs smoothly and does not make any weird noise.

It was my 10yrs-old BBQ that fell down the deck, not the 575 :)

So......you kept it?

I saw this kinda thing quite often when working on refurbed copy machines...especially the finishers that attached to the main copy machine!!! They'd look fine until you attached the finisher to the main machine and try to do a test copy, which would immediately jam at the entrance to the finisher. It was always due to getting a finisher that got tipped over (or dumped off a truck's liftgate!) and slammed down on the paper entry point, messing up the entrance guide and the paper path. This damage was not noticeable as it slammed down flat with no edge or corner impact. You might desire to keep your grill, but considering that it's painted/coated, anywhere that it's been bent stresses the coating so it's more likely to crack the paint coating & rust. You might want to contact Traeger regarding this damage and location of purchase!!!

Latest Discussions

Back