Traeger Pro 575 and Screened in Porch..

svanes28

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
All,
I apologize if this has been beaten to death. I've read through quite a bit of posts but didn't quite get the answer(s) I was looking for. I currently have a screened in porch with a rather high ceiling and I was wondering if this was an OK area to use my Traeger. I would be maintaining all the proper clearances and there is pretty good airflow (I also have a ceiling fan). I did read about discoloration of the surrounding area and the smoky smell. I've attached two pictures. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you,

Attachments

• Traeger1.jpg
    Traeger1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Traeger2.jpg
    Traeger2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 124
Why don't you do a cook or two or three OUTSIDE your porch and see what you think?

|All,
I apologize if this has been beaten to death. I've read through quite a bit of posts but didn't quite get the answer(s) I was looking for. I currently have a screened in porch with a rather high ceiling and I was wondering if this was an OK area to use my Traeger. I would be maintaining all the proper clearances and there is pretty good airflow (I also have a ceiling fan). I did read about discoloration of the surrounding area and the smoky smell. I've attached two pictures. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thank you,
I don't think there is any way to get all the smoke out, so you will end up with some discoloration eventually. That fan can only do so much for you and unless it's super windy, smoke will still end up by your ceiling. As @CosmoBill suggests, try one session outside and see what the smoke is like, then maybe try one inside.

Back