Traeger is losing money

Need an attorney to help with class action before the completely tank and declare bankruptcy.

Wanna know why Traeger customer service is so reluctant to offer solutions -

From Traeger's second quarter financial results -
  • Grills (sales) decreased 24.6% to $117.7 million as compared to the second quarter last year. The decrease was primarily driven by lower unit volume, partially offset by a higher average selling price resulting from price increases taken in the second half of 2021 and early 2022.
  • Net loss was $132.3 million in the second quarter, or a loss of $1.12 per diluted share, as compared to net loss of $4.9 million in the second quarter of last year, or $0.05 per diluted share.
  • Reducing expenses. The Company has undertaken an extensive review and prioritization of its cost structure. This review has lead to the implementation of cost optimization initiatives, including the closure of Traeger Provisions and a reduction in workforce in July 2022. The Company expects these initiatives to generate annualized cost savings of $20 million.
About Traeger
Traeger, headquartered in Salt Lake City, is the creator and category leader of the wood pellet grill, an outdoor cooking system that ignites all-natural hardwoods to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue. Our grills are versatile and easy to use, empowering cooks of all skill sets to create delicious meals with a wood-fired flavor that cannot be replicated with gas, charcoal, or electric grills. Grills are at the core of our platform and are complemented by Traeger wood pellets, rubs, sauces and accessories.

For those that have grills like mine that are defective but Traeger will do nothing about it, do you agree you can "grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue?"
Traeger customer service has been great for me . I’m sorry your having issues . I had purchased a high end silverton 810 the firebox inside had a gap I called traeger and they sent a 18 wheeler out to get my grill and fedex freight also arrived to deliver me a brand new Silverton 810 traeger with several seasonings free . Won’t he do it God is good !!!

Traeger customer service has been great for me . I’m sorry your having issues . I had purchased a high end silverton 810 the firebox inside had a gap I called traeger and they sent a 18 wheeler out to get my grill and fedex freight also arrived to deliver me a brand new Silverton 810 traeger with several seasonings free . Won’t he do it God is good !!! I also purchased them from Costco so yes traeger can deliver good service .

I understand your frustration, but the issue is that Traeger probes are inaccurate and this has been known for a long time. We can have a debate on why this is the case, but I believe it is because making accurate probes is a specialized skill which Traeger and most other grill manufacturers don't have. What some of them have done is work with specialized probe companies. The best example of this are Yoder and Lone Star, both of whom have worked with FireBoard to integrate their probes into their grills. But these are very expensive options that few can afford. It is so much cheaper to just buy the FireBoard probes and use them on the Traeger, as many of us do, and the combination works very, very well: https://www.fireboard.com/shop/fireboard-2/

If you think that buying FireBoard is too expensive after paying well over a thousand dollars for an Ironwood 885, then there is a cheaper option which has almost all the capabilities of the FireBoard. The Inkbird is used by many here and it is only $50 after clipping the 50% off coupon: https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Thermometer-Rechargeable-Wireless-Calibration/dp/B07XNTJKY4

If you can get over your disappointment and buy one of the above the Traeger will give you much enjoyment.
I just bought a $15 analog thermometer and installed it on the lid near the controller sensor. Once I found that my grill was cooking 20 lower than the set temp, I just set the temp at 20-25?degrees higher than the desired temp. Not rocket science and definitely much cheaper than than the Fireboard or Inkboard.

I understand your frustration, but the issue is that Traeger probes are inaccurate and this has been known for a long time. We can have a debate on why this is the case, but I believe it is because making accurate probes is a specialized skill which Traeger and most other grill manufacturers don't have. What some of them have done is work with specialized probe companies. The best example of this are Yoder and Lone Star, both of whom have worked with FireBoard to integrate their probes into their grills. But these are very expensive options that few can afford. It is so much cheaper to just buy the FireBoard probes and use them on the Traeger, as many of us do, and the combination works very, very well: https://www.fireboard.com/shop/fireboard-2/

If you think that buying FireBoard is too expensive after paying well over a thousand dollars for an Ironwood 885, then there is a cheaper option which has almost all the capabilities of the FireBoard. The Inkbird is used by many here and it is only $50 after clipping the 50% off coupon: https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Thermometer-Rechargeable-Wireless-Calibration/dp/B07XNTJKY4

If you can get over your disappointment and buy one of the above the Traeger will give you much enjoyment.
I’d buy this more if traeger weren’t selling $4k+ grills as their top of the range which still have thermocouples that don’t work. I’ll also point out that traeger owns MEATER which is a specialized temp probe company, the ambient sensor on which is pretty accurate in my testing. The top traegers also come with multiple MEATER plus probes which have ambient temp sensors in the top which the grill itself ignores for the purpose of regulating temp.

I do agree that whilst the temp issues specifically are quite inexcusable in my opinion, once I just accepted I was going to have to spend another X on external probes (the inkbird is what I got, it wasn’t too expensive, and it’s great) I have been able to cook up some fantastic food.

I just bought a $15 analog thermometer and installed it on the lid near the controller sensor. Once I found that my grill was cooking 20 lower than the set temp, I just set the temp at 20-25?degrees higher than the desired temp. Not rocket science and definitely much cheaper than than the Fireboard or Inkboard.
Sometimes it’s just easier to accept the grill is off and make adjustments than it is to hire an attorney and complain on the internet!

I also installed an analog thermometer in the lid. However, I also use a digital probe to monitor the temp at the grate level. When cooking at lower temps, the RTD thermocouple is only a few degrees off. At higher temps, the discrepancy is about 50 degrees F. I just set my controller to produce the temperature I desire a grate level. That method works perfectly fine.

I can remember the early days of TV when analog tuners would not lock in on the station. You first had to point your rabbit ear antenna in the direction of the transmitting tower. Then you had to use a fine tuning knob to make sure your receiver was set to the exact frequency of the transmission. Then you had to make fine adjustments to the antenna to make sure you got the best picture in black and white. If the station was a little too far away or the weather was bad, you might get distortion in the signal. Now people tune their digital tuner to one of several hundred digital cable stations and it comes in with a crystal clear high-definition color display.

There was a time when people cooked over open fires or on cast iron stoves stoked by coal or wood, yet the families still had food on the table. They had to judge temperature by how close they could hold their hand to the fire before they got burned. The Traeger is a huge improvement on those older methods.

Back