Traeger grills

dlenagar

Reaction score
Grill
My Traeger fails me every fvcking time I need to use it. Stay away from Traeger, they’re garbage

I have a ironwood XL and it has been frustrating. It is a month old and takes forever to heat up. I tried to talk to CS and explain the issue. They said don’t open the lid and wait it will start heating up faster the longer you use it. Total BS they think I am an idiot I looked online and got more information. I checked the burn pot and auger the auger was basically empty. No wander it takes 2 hours to heat up. I put a handful of pellets in the pot before turning it on and it heated up in 15 minutes. If treager can’t fix this issue I am retuning this $2,000+ grill and go back to a Louisiana grill Very disappointed in the grill but more disappointed in the ignorant CS reps that knew nothing about the grill.
I do not recommend spending money on this grill.

My Traeger fails me every fvcking time I need to use it. Stay away from Traeger, they’re garbage
So are you telling me you have a BRAND NEW 575 and it fails in what way?

My 575 is the best ever, you have to learn not to rely on the RTD alone, Traegers are almost always off in temp but is very manageable when you know your grill and how off it usually is.

And either please describe "fails" or please don't just post trash talk to a forum full of successful Traeger owners who know there grills.

... I checked the burn pot and auger the auger was basically empty. No wander it takes 2 hours to heat up. I put a handful of pellets in the pot before turning it on ...
If your auger tube is empty, use the "Prime Auger" function from your controller's menu.

And either please describe "fails" or please don't just post trash talk to a forum full of successful Traeger owners who know there grills.

Well said, there are a number of very knowledgeable Traeger users on this forum who are only too willing to help others given the chance and just rubbishing a product without the evidence to back it up brings nothing to the forum however frustrated you may be..

So are you telling me you have a BRAND NEW 575 and it fails in what way?

My 575 is the best ever, you have to learn not to rely on the RTD alone, Traegers are almost always off in temp but is very manageable when you know your grill and how off it usually is.

Sorry to disappoint you. I’m glad to hear your 575 is working good, consider yourself lucky. My grill ignites but races to max temperature and roars flame. With a 1 1/2 year old grill I shouldn’t be expected to wrench on it or order parts if I want to enjoy it. I like to smoke ribs and butts but this Traeger is just not reliable. I wouldn’t care if it only cast a few hundred but we all know this is a supposed to be a premium grill. I don’t get enjoy it like I want to do.

Oh, and I wish I didn’t have a reason to “trash” talk about it. Butt hurt much?

consider yourself lucky
Perhaps it is you who have been unlucky, when I bought my 575 the dealer said they sell at least ten times the number of this model compared to the rest of the others put together and they have proved ultra reliable. He did say they have had the occasional faulty unit which certainly here in the UK Traeger Customer Services have always put right. Sure everyone here would commiserate with anyone in such a situation but conversely would want to help if possible.

So presumably your grill is still under warranty and from your post customer support have sent parts for you to fit and this still hasn't resolved the problem? Has it ever worked properly? Has it been cleaned as per Traeger guidelines which I know can be something of a pain?

Just trying to help you help us help you if you get my drift! ;) 👍

I had high hopes when I bought my 575 and I really wish it would just operate and cook. It is just so frustrating to have a lemon. I wish you the best of luck and thanks for your reply.

Back