Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
Test toast on 8 different griddles:

toast-test-griddle2.jpg

toast-test-griddle1.jpg

The Traeger and Weber did a great job. It looks like the Camp Chef is too hot. The Grilla results are a little strange as the left and right edges seem to be hot spots. The Pit Boss has some serious issues as it used the "P" shaped burner on the left section.

I purchased a CharGriller Flat Iron grill. I have not tried the toast test, but mine is definitely cooler on the front edge and back corners, which I like as it gives me a place to rest food. I suspect the Flat Iron would be similar to the Halo. Maybe one day, I will sacrifice a loaf of bread and see what happens. I seldom use more than half of the griddle surface, so I can find the temperature zone I need for the cook.

No matter which grill you own, once you learn its idiosyncrasies, you can cook some amazing meals on any of them.

Traeger, Weber and then Camp chef. The point is to measure uniformity. Camp chef is pretty uniform like the aforementioned others but does run hotter. All the others run hotter as well, just not at all uniform.

Back