Traeger app issue

Ah, I see...Was kinda wondering, when you said “everybody”.
I’m still kinda confused as to how using the app caused a fire..
Maybe you are talking about @RemE, but I couldn’t find the post.
Well the app called for 200 for an hour and then 350 for 2. When it went into 350 mode 15 minutes later I get a high temp alarm run home to a smoking a.. pit with smoke coming out the hopper. You tell me. Trager said it was a bad fan and replaced it, temp probe and lid gasket. Also warped the hell out of the tray. You tell me. And yes on the user.

That sounds right to me. I was never a fan of the programmed cook feature and didn't miss it when it vanished. I am a solid fan of WiFire control of the grill, along with Fireboard it's awesome. I've never suggested ditching the app.

As far as auger fires, stuff happens, these are electro mechanical devices, that sometimes misfire.
Lil confused RemE. My Iphone app you can go in recipes and the "auto" cook is still there the one I was using when the high temp deal kicked in. What vanished?

Well the app called for 200 for an hour and then 350 for 2. When it went into 350 mode 15 minutes later I get a high temp alarm run home to a smoking a.. pit with smoke coming out the hopper. You tell me. Trager said it was a bad fan and replaced it, temp probe and lid gasket. Also warped the hell out of the tray. You tell me. And yes on the user.
Sooo, I looked at the post, and you weren’t advised not to use the app, you were advised not to use the programmed cook function. And certainly weren’t advised not to use the app by “everybody”.
Surely you don’t believe that a phone app caused a fire?

Ok ok oh great one sorry. I think it has been said many times no one really likes the app for "programmed cooking". And many use other devices for monitoring temps. I used the "programmed cook" feature once with those results. So did the app cause the fire? Who knows. Never had the problem before or after. Have a good one.
Mods feel free to delete the post.

Lil confused RemE. My Iphone app you can go in recipes and the "auto" cook is still there the one I was using when the high temp deal kicked in. What vanished?
Honestly I have never used any auto function. I thought they pulled it, or most of that functionality. I used to get temp overshoot events but those were fixed a few firmware revs back.

Honestly I have never used any auto function. I thought they pulled it, or most of that functionality. I used to get temp overshoot events but those were fixed a few firmware revs back.
I with ya. Thanks. That happen with the 3rd controller so who knows. Overshot to the moon haaa.

My apologizes to Rbuxton. I totally hijacked his thread and it went south from there. Wonder if his problem/question every got solved or figured out? I know having replaced 3 you have to scan the bar code that comes with them.

threadjacked.gif

My apologizes to Rbuxton. I totally hijacked his thread and it went south from there. Wonder if his problem/question every got solved or figured out? I know having replaced 3 you have to scan the bar code that comes with them.
Problem still here. I scanned the bar code on the replacement control board. And to boot the temp swing problem is worse with the replacement board than it was with the original. No surprise there.

I'll phone Traeger customer service in the morning. Can't wait to hear that everything is working within specifications.

I hear ya my bad. And I didn't even explain the non-usage of the app correctly. 0 fer 2.
Problem still here. I scanned the bar code on the replacement control board. And to boot the temp swing problem is worse with the replacement board than it was with the original. No surprise there.

I'll phone Traeger customer service in the morning. Can't wait to hear that everything is working within specifications.
Go for the temp sensor. This 850 has had everything replaced except the body and wheels, grates and augur. I kid you not. Plus on its 3rd controller. GL

i was just kiddin

Back