Traeger app issue

rbuxton

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I just re-added my Pro 575 grill to the app after replacing my control unit. When I click the 'Maintenance and Support' button the Timberline 850 shows up, not the Pro 575. Also, when I click on 'Owners Manual' nothing happens.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I had problems everybody said don't use the app. Ooook.

Had a high temp fire alarm cooking with the app while next door. Burned all the way up the auger tube and the even hopper was smoking. Don't want to call anybody out but you can search. The most respected mod in my opinion on this site mention it. He has done every upgrade to his 850 that one would want.
If you have no problems more power to ya.

Had a high temp fire alarm cooking with the app while next door. Burned all the way up the auger tube and the even hopper was smoking. Don't want to call anybody out but you can search. The most respected mod in my opinion on this site mention it. He has done every upgrade to his 850 that one would want.
If you have no problems more power to ya.
Ah, I see...Was kinda wondering, when you said “everybody”.
I’m still kinda confused as to how using the app caused a fire..
Maybe you are talking about @RemE, but I couldn’t find the post.

Pretty much everyone says to ditch the Traeger probe but I don’t recall anyone saying ditch the app. People use the app to change the temp up or down until their external ambient probe reads the desired temperature, for example.

Pretty much everyone says to ditch the Traeger probe but I don’t recall anyone saying ditch the app. People use the app to change the temp up or down until their external ambient probe reads the desired temperature, for example.
I may have found what he is talking about.
He was advised not to use that auto cook crap, and I think is calling that the app.
That’s all I can figure out!

I just re-added my Pro 575 grill to the app after replacing my control unit. When I click the 'Maintenance and Support' button the Timberline 850 shows up, not the Pro 575. Also, when I click on 'Owners Manual' nothing happens.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I’m guessing that you have the wrong controller, when I got the replacement for my 780, the new controller came up as a 780 not a different model.

I may have found what he is talking about.
He was advised not to use that auto cook crap, and I think is calling that the app.
That’s all I can figure out!
That sounds right to me. I was never a fan of the programmed cook feature and didn't miss it when it vanished. I am a solid fan of WiFire control of the grill, along with Fireboard it's awesome. I've never suggested ditching the app.

As far as auger fires, stuff happens, these are electro mechanical devices, that sometimes misfire.

That sounds right to me. I was never a fan of the programmed cook feature and didn't miss it when it vanished. I am a solid fan of WiFire control of the grill, along with Fireboard it's awesome. I've never suggested ditching the app.

As far as auger fires, stuff happens, these are electro mechanical devices, that sometimes misfire.
Yep, I agree...

I also use the timer all the time.

I also use the timer all the time.
I do too!
Never did use that programmed cooking though. Figured that was just a good way to ruin some food. I can see why someone at Traeger thought it might work, but there is just to many variables. I’m sure that’s why they got rid of it..

I do too!
Never did use that programmed cooking though. Figured that was just a good way to ruin some food. I can see why someone at Traeger thought it might work, but there is just to many variables. I’m sure that’s why they got rid of it..
Totally agree, when I got my grill, I looked at it once. Then cooked how I thought it needed to be cooked.

Back