To stone or not stone - Pizza

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
Last night was the first time I cooked pizza on the Traeger using a Pizza stone. I thought Pizza came out great by just throwing it on the grill grate, but I'm always trying to improve my cooks so I figured why not! If I had to say anything negative about cooking the pizza directly on the grate, it would probably be that the bottom of the pizza is done and the top still needs another 1-3 minutes to cook the toppings.

Here are my results with a pizza stone and I probably should have pulled it out a minute earlier. This was just cheapo Freschetta frozen pizza but the crust was perfect and the pizza tasted great!

thanks for letting us know primeone! I've cooked prebaked shells and toppings but have been wondering how a Freshetta or frozen pizza would turn out. I still have to try out fresh dough on the Traeger/pizza stone. I imagine it will probably work really well. btw, I really like your pizza stone and the back lip to prevent slide off! could you let me know where you got it?

-Steve

I have a pizza oven and was told by the shop to cook on the stone, all burnt!
Next time I had the stone in but put the pizzas on the racks. When cooked I put them on the hot stone for a few seconds and they came up a treat.

Back