Tito’s Traeger Shuts down

lindsey_john

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Tito’s
I have a Tito’s smoker and it shuts down in the middle of a smoke and has never worked for more than a couple of hours into a smoke so I have to pull the meat and put in my cook shack electric smoker. Any suggestions on what to do? I smoke at 225.
thanks
John

I had to look that one up. Interesting branding. Perhaps you ran out of Vodka? 🤣

Seriously though, it looks to be the old Traeger PTG with a custom color and name plate. Did it give you an error code when it shut down? What was the pellet level when it shut down?

It does look pretty sweet though.

1622137614584.png

I have a Tito’s smoker and it shuts down in the middle of a smoke and has never worked for more than a couple of hours into a smoke so I have to pull the meat and put in my cook shack electric smoker. Any suggestions on what to do? I smoke at 225.
thanks
John
It is model TFB29VCD

Does it go through a shutdown cycle, or does it seem like it just loses power? If it loses power, could be a bad power cord. Is it tripping any GFCI outlets or breakers in your panel?

That looks like the Multi-case Tito's model.

I'd bet it has a bad controller. Head on out to Traeger's Facebook site and send a message with your pics, serial, and issue and they should respond pretty quick (in my experience). Much better than the phone.

It’s not a bad controller. It’s burning thru pellets from grate in 1 hour. I’ve attached a pic of inside. Used to doing long smokes without having to refuel. Egg, kamado, Hasty Bake and WSM22 all can burn for a long time without refueling. I like the traeger idea but unless it will cool for 10 hours without refueling, I’m not sure I’ll use it for anything that requires a long smoke. Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• FBCE1279-707C-4F44-93E7-6203725742F0.jpeg
    FBCE1279-707C-4F44-93E7-6203725742F0.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 28
At 225, you should be getting more than 10 hours on a full hopper (18 pounds of pellets). Probably closer to 14 hours.

I insulated my timberline, below 220 it burns Pelletts at the rate of 90 min/ pound, 300 - 400 approximately 1hr/lb…

Back