Timberline XL is junk!

Hoot

Reaction score
Grill
Model 33
Had my Timberline XL for over two months. Hasn’t worked right since day one. Tired of the back and forth with Traeger. I’ve asked for a replacement or refund. No deal. DO NOT BUY OR RECCOMEND THIS GRILL TO ANYONE. I have replaced the motherboard, done numerous troubleshooting phone calls. Worst customer care and support. This is my third Traeger. The others were great. Now I have a very expensive yard sculpture.

I believe I'd also shy away from any new product drops until the kinks are worked out.....traeger or otherwise

I believe I'd also shy away from any new product drops until the kinks are worked out.....traeger or otherwise
I have seen this many times with many manufacturers. If your are not willing to troubleshoot don’t be first in line. Many people rely on one cooker in their backyard. They are not good candidates for new product or technology launches. I still don’t quite get it as they test things pretty thoroughly but still can’t seem to get things ironed out. You are absolutely correct though, it’s industry wide.

I have seen this many times with many manufacturers. If your are not willing to troubleshoot don’t be first in line. Many people rely on one cooker in their backyard. They are not good candidates for new product or technology launches. I still don’t quite get it as they test things pretty thoroughly but still can’t seem to get things ironed out. You are absolutely correct though, it’s industry wide.
Grills, guns, cars, etc……everything. I don’t quite understand it either

Just curious, what issues were you having with your XL?

Where did you buy it? Most retail stores would have done/would still do an exchange. Sounds like you got a bad one. I wouldn't classify they entire line as junk though....

Where did you buy it? Most retail stores would have done/would still do an exchange. Sounds like you got a bad one. I wouldn't classify they entire line as junk though....
This would have to come from Traeger through the vendor. Only huge bully stores like Wally World get to shove the product back at the manufacturer. The normal folks get laughed at by the manufacturer and told to follow the warranty process. Prolly didn’t get a Timberline at the big box store.

Hey Hoot,
We could take all of the techie shi* out and make an offset but in the end, the goobers need to test stuff better. My guess, they never used this stuff from start to end. Software app guys out in the yard? Probably not.

Back