Temp variance and hot spots.

massyferg

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 34
Hey guys I have an older pro34 that I just bought off market place. I’m super new to this pellet grill thing. I cooked for the first time in it last night and noticed a pretty big difference in temps from the display on the hopper and the thermometer by the chimney. From what I have read it’s usually a 50 degree variance but this was well over 100 degrees? Any ideas or is this normal ?

Attachments

• IMG_1634.mov
    11.5 MB
You might find this P setting video helpful. You'll have to take your controller panel loose to get at the P switch. Your panel is missing the pin hole. The switch if it is there will be behind the panel where the hole should have been. Slip a popsicle stick in from the side to toggle the switch.

Also being new to pellet grills, the stock temp probes are notorious for being off. So your 100 difference could be plus or minus that. A big majority of us use third party probes for pit and meat temps. The Inkbirds are probably the best budget units. If you don't mind dropping some coin the Fireboards have a big following. I have an Ink bird and love it.

Back