Temp keeps rising

Thanks for the info and the suggestions. I will double check the wiring. Yes, it is correct, both the auger and fan are running continuous and not being controlled. I put a new controller on it (after market bac365) and having the same issue, running continuous. Will get really hot on smoke, then hit an error message and shut off (see attached files). The first one is the error message and looks like it says "Her." The second one shows it at 462 on smoke.
I didn't see this post. I'm thinking this controller is malfunctioning as RemE thinks also.

I haven't owned a treager before. Does the controller ever vary the speed of the fan?
Not on these early models, just on when running. The auger is pulsed for several seconds on, then several seconds off while running. The auger cycle times are varied by the temp knob on the controller and this controls the fuel feed volume.

The newer D2 controller based grills vary the fan speed and pulse the fan in "Super Smoke" mode to produce more smoke. They can vary the auger speed, and even reverse it because the motors in these units are DC powered.

Are you priming before every startup?

Latest Discussions

Back