Suggestion on unit

Sloppysalmon219

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I currently have a Pro 575 and freaking love it. But the issue I have is it's too small for me. I'm taking it back and either getting the pro 780 or the pro series 34...

My question is on my pro 575 I really never use the wifi aspect of it due to I use my fireboard 2 for that. I mainly like the idea of it getting updates to fix quirks... also down fall is no smoke setting

The pro series 34 is a little bigger then the pro780 and has a smoke setting which the 780 doesnt.

Help me decide

The wifi setting will still let you control your grill from anywhere in the world whether you use it to monitor temps or not……I wouldn’t even consider one without that capability

Also…..how long have you had that thing? They’re just going to take it back?

Can I have your wheels lol

The pro 34 uses a PID controller which has big temp swings and is old technology. The 780 has the D2 controller which has smaller temp swings. I have both the PID and D2 controllers in 2 different grills. I like the D2 better.

I have the Pro 780 and use the app all the time to adjust temps, go to warm mode, or just to shut down.

Want a smoke sitting on thr Pro 780? Set the grill to <225!

I currently have a Pro 575 and freaking love it. But the issue I have is it's too small for me. I'm taking it back and either getting the pro 780 or the pro series 34...

My question is on my pro 575 I really never use the wifi aspect of it due to I use my fireboard 2 for that. I mainly like the idea of it getting updates to fix quirks... also down fall is no smoke setting

The pro series 34 is a little bigger then the pro780 and has a smoke setting which the 780 doesnt.

Help me decide
I agree that the bigger that better. You just never know when you will need that extra space. Having said that and what's recently been released by Traeger, there might be an additional benefit for the D2 and new Meater probe.

Back