Help! Stuck auger bushing

Just a bit of an update on the progress. I eventually decided to drill out the offending bushing as it would not drive out cleanly. Examining the auger closer I am going to replace both it and the bushing. Less than $50 for both parts, so totally worth it.

Less than $50 for both parts, so totally worth it.
Well, if you put any price on labor, dam right that's worth it... some things are fun to work on, and some things just need to be bought new and F it

Thanks to everyone for the advice and support. I eventually drilled out a portion of the bushing and replaced it with a new one. I also cleaned the auger (was much less damaged than originally thought), treated the surface rust and painted it with high-temp paint to prevent future corrosion.

The grill has been completely restored. Just in time for the 4th of July weekend!

One last item will be to make/get a replacement emblem for the lid.

20210703_180346.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the advice and support. I eventually drilled out a portion of the bushing and replaced it with a new one. I also cleaned the auger (was much less damaged than originally thought), treated the surface rust and painted it with high-temp paint to prevent future corrosion.

The grill has been completely restored. Just in time for the 4th of July weekend!

View attachment 6358
Nice work

View attachment 6358
Looks good! From what I’ve read, the emblems have been discontinued.

Looks good! From what I’ve read, the emblems have been discontinued.
Unfortunately, you are correct. I am now looking at CNC cutting an inverse of the emblem into a metal plate that I can install in place of the original. I'll post pictures if I figure out how to make it work.

Good job indeed

Back